Do You Remember

*A song that I love called "Do You Remember" by Jarryd James

"It's Thomas Shelby against the whole bloody world, right?"

Ned Dennehy as Charlie Strong in Peaky Blinders [Series 1 Episode 2]

~

When the morning came, all he could see was her. Tommy traced patterns along her full lips and gazed down as the early morning light streamed across her face.

Her eyelashes fluttered as she slowly came awake. She gazed sleepily yet lovingly at Tommy's gentle expression. Yes, this was the Tommy she knew. The Tommy from her dreams.

"Toni," he whispered her name just to hear himself say it. There was no need, he already had her full attention.

He bent down and softy molded his lips onto hers. She closed her eyes as she peacefully accepted his love.

"Toni," he whispered as he kissed her again.

"Yes, Tommy," she whispered in reply. Her lips curled into a smile as she allowed him free reign of her body. He removed the covers from atop her and slid into place where they had just been. She looked up at him feeling absolutely intoxicated. She could feel him settling against her and she was ready for whatever he would give.

"Toni," he whispered as he felt along her stomach and up to her breasts. Her back arched in surprise and pleasure from his touch. He gripped her breasts before working his way down toward her abdomen again, this time gripping her waist completely. He felt his hands run along her back and concentrated as he felt the scars that were there.

Her face lit up in recognition. He wanted to kiss all of her bruises and make them go away. But he would get to that later; there was something he wanted to do first.

Holding her close to himself he gently slid his body into hers. It was so natural that Toni quickly welcomed him into herself. They moved like one wave in the ocean, gently stroking each other as they went. It was peaceful and it was calm as he looked down at her. She was his absolute everything.

They pleasured each other for a few minutes until he gently eased out of her. Toni shivered at the lack of warmth that passed over her; her body immediately missed contact with Tommy's. She would have protested if he had not gently taken her arm in that moment and turned her over. She lay on her stomach now and could no longer see what Tommy was doing but she trusted him completely. She trusted what she felt for him.

She felt his mouth along her back, trailing open kisses along it. He paused at each of her bruises, careful to give them special attention. And she felt completely comfortable with him as he kissed his way up to her neck and whispered softly into her ear.

He asked her the only thing that had been on his mind since the night before.

"Toni," he asked. "Do you think you could warm up to me like before?"

It was coming from a place of insecurity, but he had to ask. He just had to know.

"What do you mean?" Toni whispered, raptured by his kisses and his love.

"I mean..." he began again, searching for the words. "You remember all we were before...?"

Silence.

"Could we be that again?" He earnestly asked.

Toni remained silent.

"Toni," he repeated, feeling along her shoulder. "Can you hear me?" He asked, thinking maybe she had fallen asleep.