Chapter 1

My birthday just so happens to be on Valentine's Day. And Valentine's Day just so happened to be the day the love of my live moved.
  I walked into her packed up house with a giant teddy bear and a box of chocolates.
  She flipped her golden brown hair out of her face and smiled. She rushed over and hugged me. She's never done that before.
  See the thing is, I'd never actually told her that I loved her. I was an insecure fifteen year old and she was way out of my league and I just didn't have the courage.
  But here I was, hugging her, and I was tempted to. I didn't because it would make moving harder for her.
  She had already confessed her feelings to me but I didn't have to courage to tell her mine.
  She let go and looked at the gifts.
  "Thank you Josh!" She looked so happy.
  "No problem Amber," I wanted to say so much more than that. But I let her admire her gifts.
  I bid the rest of her family goodbye. Her seven year old little sister clung to my neck and Amber's nine year old little brother punched my arm and started talking about the video game he started playing.
  Her twenty year old sister gave me a brief hug and went back to talking with her boyfriend.
  I realized how much I would miss her. And her family. I wish I would have told her that I loved her.