Chapter 13

Amber

  "Hello?" My voice bounced off the metal door, creating a slight echo. I pushed the warehouse door open, duffle bags in each hand.
  It took my eyes a few moments to adjust to the darkness. When they did, I saw Josh tied to a chair, struggling against his restraints. He had a gag in his mouth. He was trying to say something.
  "Look out?" I turned and saw a fist. Then I didn't see anything at all. All I remember is darkness.

•••

  When I woke up Josh no longer had a gag. He was whispering to me about how it was just one guy then two more came. He said that he had gotten out of his ropes but he was caught and tied up again.
  "Josh, are you okay?" My voice was a whisper but it still conveyed worry. His face was bloody.
  "I'm fine. Did you tell anyone about where you were going?"
  "Just Sam. And we came up with a code. For if things went sour. I just need her to call..." I stopped talking when a man walked in, shortly followed by two other men. The first man was oddly familiar.
  He held up my ringing phone. "Your going to answer it. And if you say anything out of the ordinary, I'll shoot your stupid boyfriend." He pointed a gun at Josh. He then answered the call and held it out to me.
  "Hey Samantha! How was your mall trip?" She hates being called Samantha. That was clue number one. Sam hates the mall. So that's clue number two.
"Oh, it was great! How is your road trip? You enjoying the scenery?" Sam was a good actress.
"It's been nice! A lot of the trees were dead though. Maybe I'll try a different road in the way back!" Clue number three. By now Sam knew what was up.
"Alright then. I'll see you when you get back! Bye!" She hung up and I knew she would have the police called and here A.S.A.P. I had left her the address.
The man grinned creepily. He took my hands from behind my back and tied them in front of me. I tried to struggle but the other men had guns aimed at Josh. He made sure my feet restrains were secure before taking a large, metal hook from the ceiling and pulled my hands up to rest in the hooks curve. I was now dangling from the ceiling.
I had a really bad feeling.