Chapter 9

Two years latter:

Sam

Amber has finally normal. Well, almost. She was happier than she was before the crash. And that was thanks to Josh.
As much as I disliked the guy, he made Amber happy. And really that's all I need.
Amber was venting to me one day, in the parking lot of some church. She liked to go there, just to talk or skateboard. She was telling me about Josh, and how perfect he was, and all that sappy stuff you best friend spouts to you.
"And the other day, he gave me this!" Amber held up her left hand, with a ring on the ring finger.
I stood up from my spot on the pavement. "Wait, he proposed?!"
"No! It's a promise ring! It means he will propose to me, when the time comes." Amber looked slightly uncomfortable, a little panicked.
"So basically he proposed," I huffed.
"No! Well, yeah, I guess, basically," she looked at me nervously. "You approve, right?"
I looked around the parking lot in mock disbelief. "Of course I do!"
"He's really a nice guy and I'm sure he'll grow on y- wait! You approve?" Amber jumped up and hugged me. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"
I laughed. "No problem. But your not allowed to have kids," I teased.
Amber turned pink. "Who said anything about kids?"
"I did. And I said none of them."
  It was at that moment that Josh showed up. He had grown quite a bit and was now 17 now. And he was buff.
"Wait, we aren't having kids?" Josh questioned.
Amber crossed her arms in frustration, her face red. "Can we not talk about this?"
"No, I think we need to plan for our future," Josh said with a smirk.
"No kids," I claimed.
Amber growled and huffed. "I give up!"
"Good," Josh said.
"Still no kids." I glared at Josh.
Amber just laughed. It was good to hear her laugh.