In the Beginning

-I made Starr Skies, my friends made the other characters like Mavis and Britt, all other credits to Rick Riordan-

     I opened my eyes. The light was too much and I had to close them again. Minutes passed, I could feel myself slipping away. Maybe I was okay with that. No more cares in the world, no more tears to shed, no more deaths to mourn. My more conscious half decided otherwise. Open your eyes. I strained to do so but I realized, I didn't really want to. I'm just so tired. My conscious wasn't having any of it. Open your eyes. A whispering voice at the back of my mind. I can't. You can, open your eyes. I opened my eyes.

      I open my eyes to see a pale, sky blue ceiling. I couldn't quite grasp what I was feeling. Pain? Fear? A mixture of both, perhaps? If I had felt something of this sort, I would've been reassured, at least I was feeling something. Nothing. It was quiet, not so much as a lonely quiet, but peaceful. I sat up. A blonde girl sat on a bed in the corner of the room. She was reading, I couldn't tell what. She looked up. I was startled by the girl's face. She was beautiful, in an impossibly strange way. Her pale blue eyes looked like the sky, with bursts of silver drifting through them like clouds.

     "You're awake." She smiled and got up from the bed, putting the book down. She walked to my bed. I nodded. "How do you feel?" She was much edgier up close, the eyes that had looked soft from far away were catlike and had such a fierceness in them that looked like it belonged to a wild animal.

     "Okay." It was all I could muster. Anything else would've caused me to black out again.

     "Do you feel any pain?" I shook my head. "You should get some more rest, it'll make you feel better." I shook my head again and by now, I could tell something was bothering the girl. I knew I should say something.

     "Are you alright?" My voice was raspy and my head was spinning. Something was definitely wrong. The pain I had long awaited was starting to set in. The girl stared at me. "What?" She shook her head. "Well...? Are you alright?" By now I could once again feel myself slipping away, this time there was no one to save me. My throat ached and my head spun a million miles a minute.

     "I'm fine. The more important question is: are you?" I was about to say yes but then thought better of it, if I wasn't okay, why should I say so?

     "No." The girl opened her mouth and it looked like she was speaking but no sound came. Everything went black and the world collapsed in on itself.