Chapter Three

I'd figured out what was wrong with my leg. It had been broken and not healed properly. Because of this, it had to be re-broken. It was almost finished healing but walking around a large place like this camp, wasn't easy. Mavis pointed out pretty much everything, she had quite the attention to detail. She told me about herself, her story was...strange. She was a child of Athena. If I got into the rest of her story, it would make less sense than when she had explained it to me. Mavis said there was a campfire tonight. She said I would most likely be claimed then. To say the least, I was worried for the campfire. As Mavis and I were walking to the strawberry fields when came across Brittney.

     "Hey Britt." Brittney had a grim expression on her face. Mavis's smile disappeared. Brittney pulled Mavis aside. After a moment, Mavis came back to me. "I'll show you where you'll be staying for tonight." Mavis led me to a brown cabin, it looked like something you would see up in the mountains, at least this was normal. "This is the Hermes cabin. Since you're undetermined, you'll stay here until you are determined. It's a little...crowded." Mavis opened the door. There were a few sets of bunk beds and the floor was absolutely lost underneath all of the sleeping bags. I was starting to get a little worried. I was claustrophobic...to say the least this would probably be a disaster.

     "A lot of undetermined, huh?" Mavis nodded.

     "Sometimes, they never get determined."

     "Living your whole life not knowing who your parent is...I can't begin to imagine." Mavis looked at me like I was wearing a full outfit of spandex. "What?"

     "Nothing." I nodded. Everything felt so secretive. I wanted answers, not to be shied away from.

     "Well...since you don't have any bags or anything I got you this." Mavis handed me a sleeping bag and a Ziploc bag of toiletries.

     "Thanks." Mavis grinned.

     "Anytime. See you at the campfire." With that she ran off in the direction of the strawberry fields. I sighed. Might as well make the best of it. I couldn't help but contemplate if these people were being serious about the whole Greek gods thing. What was more perplexing was that I couldn't remember anything about myself. I mean, it had gotten better since earlier but I was still anxious to know how I got here, or who I was before I got here. 

     If I was already anxious about the campfire, that was nothing compared to what I was feeling now. I sat at the Hermes table, bouncing my leg. Everyone was talking and no one even glanced in my direction, not that it was unusual. I'd always been more reserved than most people, I didn't go out of my way to make conversation just to make it. I scanned the room, there were a lot of people. Most of them ranging from ages 14 to about 17. I felt out of place. Everyone looked like they belonged, that was probably because they did, and I didn't.