Chapter Seven

Gasping for breath, I sat on the grass, dripping wet. After coughing up water and regaining my breath Annabeth asked if I was okay. I nodded.

     "Thank you." Annabeth nodded and stood up, offering me a hand up. She pulled me to my feet. "I mean it, you didn't have to, you barely know me. I would've died. So...thank you." Annabeth smiled.

     "Yeah." I pushed the curtain of wet, dark hair out of my face and saw the guy Annabeth had been sparring earlier walking towards her. "This is Percy." Annabeth nodded towards the guy. I smiled and nodded.

     "Starr." So here I was, soaking wet and freezing standing in front of two people I barely knew. I was humiliated, to say the least. This is the part where it got awkward, Percy and Annabeth were obviously a couple and I was practically a stranger who just almost got killed by water. And I couldn't even begin to comprehend what I'd seen in the river. This day had just been too weird for me. Percy broke the silence.

     "We'll take you back to camp." I nodded and let the two lead me back to camp.

     I sat on my bed back in the Aphrodite cabin, hugging my knees. I stared off into the distance, zoning out. I was trying to process what all had happened today. Was I going crazy? I wouldn't put it past myself, from what I'd remembered. I got sick of my own thoughts and fished my IPod out of the drawer in the night stand. They'd found it in my pocket when they'd found me. I wasn't supposed to have it, Mavis had explained it to me, demigods and technology didn't mix. I needed my music. I could vaguely remember memories now...and from what I do remember, music was my only escape. I played a random track something by a random band, something about The Middle. I sat there for a while, I'm not sure how long it was. But hey, I had a lot to think about. So I sat and no one played me any attention, which I was grateful for. Finally, Brittney called lights at the same time as Piper had and they gave each other death glares. It was awkward, clearly the campers had some leadership issues. The lights went out anyway and I was yet again, troubled with nightmares.