Chapter 9: An Unpleasant Surprise

Ryan's POV

I looked at the clock and realized it was 9:45 pm. 'Wow, time went by fast,' I thought to yourself. I looked down and saw Zangoose asleep in my lap. I picked her up bridal style and put her to bed.

I walked silently downstairs and called out for my mom. Nothing happened. I called again. Nothing happened. I took out my phone and dialed her number. I waited nervously, tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

... Nothing happened.

KNOCK KNOCK

I answered the door to find a police officer standing in front of me. "M-may I help you?" I stuttered. "Is your name Ryan Garcia?" The officer asked. "Yes, that's me."

"I have good news and bad news," He said. "The good news is this has nothing to do with you. The bad news is... Well... Your father attempted to stab your mother. She is is in a coma right now in the hospital. We don't know when or if she will wake up. If it weren't for some weird figure to have punched him in the stomache, she would be dead by now."

"May I go to the hospital?" I asked. "I don't see why not."

Time skip brought to you by determination

The car stopped at the hospital entrance. Zangoose and I rushed inside to the teller.

Time skip to hospital room

"Mom?" I called. I saw her lying on a bed with an oxygen mask on. But one thing was wrong. The monitor had a straight line. "NO!" I shouted. "Oh, God..." Zangoose whispered.