Chapter 8: Determined to Protect

A/N: Don't play the video until instructed.

Ryan's POV

I start to drift to asleep until I snapped back awake by the yawn of Zangoose. "Hey, sleepyhead," You said. "Hi..." Zangoose replied. I were shocked at what you heard. Zangoose could talk?! How was this possible?!

"SAY WHAAAAAAAAAT??" I exclaimed (play video now). "What's wrong?" Zangoose said. "Y-you can t-talk!" "You understand me?!" she replied.

I couldn't believe this was happening. I didn't know whether to be worried about how I could understand her, or happy that I just could. I decided to stay happy and wrap her in a huge hug. She returned the favor by hugging me gently.

Zangoose's POV

I released Ryan from the hug. When he looked back up at me, I saw a tear streaming from his eye. "A-are you o-okay?" I said. Ryan was confused at what I said. "What do you mean? I'm happier than ever!" I realized that he was crying out of joy. "I love you so much..." He stated. "More than anything in the world. I promise I won't let anything happen to you. I am determined to stay by your side no matter what."

As those words came out of his mouth, I started to shed tears. "I love you, Ryan," I replied. "I always will."

A/N: Oh snap, what a predicament! Even I didn't expect this! Anyway, see ya later!