Chapter 11: Night of Fate

A/N: Wait! Don't play the music yet!

Abigail's POV

Ryan said he was okay, but I didn't think so. I questioned him further. "It's because of Mom, isn't it?" "Y-yeah..." He admitted.

We heard thumps coming from outside. "Who would be outside at this hour?" I thought. Ryan and I ran outside to see what was making all that noise. When we exited the house, I couldn't believe my eyes.

A/N: Okay, now play the music.

It was like a physical shadow of Lugia. It turned its head and stared at us with its glowing red eyes. Ryan pulled out his Pokedex.

No known information.

"You ready?" Ryan said with great determination. I nodded my head. "Shadow Claw!"

I instantly swiped at the Shadow Lugia. I managed to deal a massive amount of damage.

Something was wrong. After that attack, I couldn't feel anything. I couldn't move.

I struggled for freedom. Nothing happened. I struggled again. Nothing happened. It seemed as if my end had finally come. My night of fate.

Shadow Lugia charged a giant ball of energy from its mouth and released it. I braced myself.

I saw Ryan jump in front of me. "He's really sacrificing himself for me? Why?" I thought. An explosion blasted dusted around us. I finally gained control of my body. When the dust cleared, I saw Ryan lying limp on the ground.

Shadow Lugia began to fly away. I rushed to Ryan. "Ryan!!!" I shouted in panic.

Did Ryan survive? Find out in the next chapter. YOU ARE DETERMINED TO KEEP READING.