Chapter 1

Finch sat at his computer, staring at the monitor. There was a new number that had popped up this morning. They had gotten a seemingly good amount of information. Name: Brady Valin. Age: 29. Job: Nurse at the local hospital. Finch had already discovered that Brady was the victim. He'd been messing with the wrong crowd, because the nurse job wasn't paying enough for his dying mother, Brady mixed his own drugs and sold them for an unfair price. Most of the pot heads who came through were in such desperate need of more drugs that they would pay the amount Brady offered, no questions. That was until someone by the name of Greg Cadwell came around and threatened to shut him down if Brady continued to sell this way. Brady didn't listen to the threat and now he's gone missing. His GPS signals are completely out so Reese was tracking him by foot and Finch was trying to find out more about him-granted that was supposed to be John's job but Harold got bored of reading through Brady's files, practically memorizing them.

"Mr. Reese?" Harold called into the ear piece to check in on his friend. No response. "Mr. Reese?" He repeated but more urgently this time. Nothing. Finch instantly, almost instinctively, started to track his GPS, hoping it wasn't something serious that John got mixed into. The red dot that placed where John was hovered above a bar just down the road from where Harold was.

"Mr. Reese? Are you alright?" Harold tried once more before deciding it was time to take action. He scurried out the door, hailing a cab to head towards the bar.

Upon arriving, Harold barely allowed the driver to stop the vehicle before jumping out. The moment Finch stepped into the bar, he instantly knew he didn't belong. Here stood Finch, a smaller man with rounded glasses and a sweater vest surrounded by big burly men wearing leather jackets and tattooed arms. He swallowed hard and, admittedly, almost turned around and left. But he remembered the mission and walked further into the bar. Thankfully, not a single person turned their head to look at him, that was until he saw John, unconscious and dangling by his feet in chains from the ceiling. How he ended up there, Finch didn't know. Or necessarily care at the moment but only about the three men socking John without pause. One hit after another, Harold could almost feel the punches himself which caused him to flinch.

"W-What are you doing?" Harold called out, a slight waver to his voice.

"What's it matter to you?" The biggest of the three snarled.

"Well, considering that's my friend you're beating on, I'd say it matters a lot to me." Harold explained, standing as tall up as his injured hip would allow.

"You know this punk?" The biggest man took a step closer.

"Y-yes... Did he upset you?" Harold questioned, although knowing the answer.

"Nah, upset doesn't express it. This asshole came in here and shot up the place. Shot two paying customers. Ruined my liquor."

"I, do apologize for his reckless behavior-it's very hard to control him-but if I could pay you for all the damages, might I have my friend back?" Harold was trying hard to not sound scared, and it worked for the most part. Negotiating with these people wasn't the best idea but Finch only cared about getting John out.

"Oh no. This moron won't get off that easy. I recognize him, and my bar isn't the first he's shot up. Earlier today he injured one of my closest friends, shot him right in the knee. Sick freak didn't even take anything; just shot the place up and left. Lucky for us, we overpowered him. It was quite the challenge, I'll give your friend that. But, as for you, I could snap you like a twig. So why don't you save yourself the trouble and get the hell out."

"I don't think I can leave without my friend." Harold stated, looking around as the faces of the men grew tired of his presence.

"Okay but you asked for it. Boys, hang him next to his pal here." The man commanded, and before Finch had time to react, something smacked him in the back of the head and the world went black.

---

-AUTHOR NOTES-

Soooo whatcha think? First chapter yay! This is my first ever time writing Harold out so his character might be a little off but I'm hoping it'll get better throughout the story. Hope y'all enjoyed! Next chapter soon :)