Chapter 7

John awoke to the sound of Harold's voice.

"New number John... A Crystal Silva, 20 years of age, works for the Miller daycare downtown. She seems-"

John started to sit up, grabbing his head which ached. He saw Finch's face instantly light up.

"Well Harold, I don't think I'll be able to keep an eye on her at the moment. Maybe you should call Fusco, he's good at tracking." John's voice was gruff, but then again it always was, as he looked with joke full eyes to Harold, who surprisingly laughed aloud.

"I-" He cleared his throat. "I was worried..." Harold swallowed hard before running over to John and hugging him tightly, his own bruises aching. But he didn't care, because John was awake.

"Whoa, this is... unexpected." John said smiling, hugging the billionaire back.

"How are you feeling?" Harold asked as he pulled apart the hug. Reese glanced to his hand and started to unwrap it but found Finch's hand stopping him. "I stitched it up, it's still fresh."

"Thank you." John said sincerely.

"I should be thanking you, after all you are the one who saved me."

"I did get you into that mess in the first place. Which brings me to the question-why did you show up with no backup? Or at all?" John pushed himself to his feet, Harold following.

"I-I wanted to see to it personally you were okay." Harold shifted his weight awkwardly. John smiled fulfilling.

"Let's get you fixed up." He offered a hand to Harold, who took it gently. "I'd like to see to it personally that you're alright." John sat him down, smiling warmly to the billionaire. He took out disinfectant and dabbed it around the open wounds. Finch cringed lightly, causing John to immediately cease until he was sure his friend was okay. There were no serious wounds that needed stitches, but deep enough that there would be scars. John stroked the wounds on Harold's cheek gently, staring at them sorrowfully. Harold found himself closing his eyes, enjoying the light touches. After Finch had promised several times he felt better, they started to dig up more information on the new number. Except, John couldn't keep his eyes of Harold, every word he said seemed to make Reese smile. Finch, of course, noticed the small smiles and constant staring. There was that weird feeling again... What happened next, came as a shock to both of the men. Harold swiftly reached up and attached his lips to John's. John began to laugh into the kiss, unable to contain his happiness. Their foreheads pressed together, both now giggling uncontrollably.

"Finally..." John mumbled under his breath. Harold furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, which was very noticeable. "Harold, I've felt this connection between us for a while... I've loved how you talk, how you sound, how you randomly appear next to me to give me instructions, how you... Are you. I love you." John explained all this with their heads still pushed against one another. He feared the rejection that was to come-or at least the rejection he thought. Harold stayed silent for a moment, processing all the little moments John stared or smiled at him. Or went out of his way to see Harold's smile. John, feeling stupid, began to pull away from his boss but Finch roughly pulled him back, smashing their lips together more needy this time. John fell onto Harold's lap and continued kissing passionately, until his phone ran. Reese growled lightly as he answered.

"What is is Lionel?"

"Hey, I just returning your call. That guy you sent me to protect, Brady Valin, he's fine. I gave him a bus ticket outta New York."

"Okay, why do I care what you did with him? Listen, find one a Crystal Silvia. Get back when you have all her records- if any."

"Wait-"

"Thanks Lionel." John quickly hung up, turning back to Harold.

"You sure he can handle it?"

"Eh, Lionel is capable. Plus, I have much more pressing matters at hand." Reese smirked down to Finch, who blinked innocently although so not innocent. John forced his lips to the man below him feeling the lips force themselves back. John slid off Harold's lap and stood in front of him, smiling cunningly as he grabbed ahold of Finch's purple tie and started to drag him to the bedroom.

"Mr. Ree-" John cut him off with another passionate kiss before slamming the door shut.

"Do you prefer top or bottom?" He asked once the two were lying on the bed. They both smiled and reconnected their lips, ready for the night ahead.

-THE END-

---------------------------------------------

AUTHORS NOTES:

And with that, our Rinch adventure comes to an end.

Sorry that it was very cringe-y when the actual romance took place ;-; I suck at writing actual kissing scenes I'm better at the build up and awkward tension. :( But I hope it was at least somewhat enjoyable! :3

[Bruh re-reading this like 4 years later, makes me wanna re-write it. I could be so much less cringy holy shit. Anyways-]