Chapter 4

John sat where the two men had placed him, his face filled with pure anger. Reese's eyes were squinted into a glaring position, with the occasional twitch. His mouth was in a scowl, looking as if someone even tried to touch him, he'd snap at them and not let go. These fuckers were harming Finch, which was worse then any type of pain he had ever encountered. John's head snapped up as he heard footsteps coming down the wooden stairs.

"So, you want to apologize yet?" The man asked walking slowly with his hands behind his back.

"Where's Finch?" He growled instead of an apology.

"He's safe-for now. But if you don't answer my questions-" The man ran a finger across his throat indicating death.

"Touch him again, and I will kill you." John threatened, his voice deep and gravely. The man laughed aloud. "Did something I say amuse you?"

"You think you can kill me? Fat chance! I have heavy security and armory! Nobody could get past that."

"Then you obviously haven't met me. Do you really want to take the chance of you being wrong? All you have to do it let my friend go. Not me, just him." John explained simply. "Then I'll spare you."

"What is your obsession with this man? Willing to lay down your life for him? I'd let any one of my men upstairs die before I did!"

"And that's exactly your problem. Never allowed yourself to care for another human being. I was like that for a while, but meeting the man you have trapped somewhere in this god forsaken place was the best day of my life. He saved me. I don't expect you to understand." John usually didn't say this much to someone who was holding him captive but he did here and now in hopes of this man feeling some sort of pity and in a moment of weakness, release Finch. The man stared at John, as if trying to figure out what kind of tricks he was up to. John stared back, his blue eyes squinting angrily, blocking all other emotions. Giving up, the man spun on his heels, punching a mirror screaming, and started walking up the stairs, his feet stomping. John smirked to himself, knowing he'd won. Well... He'd truly win as soon as Finch was safe in his arms.