Chapter 3

The first thing Rey could decipher was voices, worried voices. She felt her head aching, and let out a small groan. Finn would kill her when he found out she could have died.

"I think she's waking up, Ani." A soft voice spoke, and Rey instantly felt comforted by it. "The bleeding stopped, and her breathing seems more steady."

"Good. She had a lightsaber on her too, love. I can sense that she is force sensitive." A deeper voice stated.

"Have you ever seen her at the temple?"

"I don't believe I have."

Rey then felt something warm touch her face, and she opened her hazel eyes slightly to see the silhouette of a woman dabbing her face with a wash cloth.

"Thank you." Rey managed to whisper, with her voice shaking.

"It's okay, honey. You're safe now." The woman spoke softly, before moving away the hair that had stuck to Rey's face.

Rey opened her heavy eyes fully, to see a couple sitting near the bed she had been placed on.

The man was tall and handsome, with wavy brown hair and deep blue eyes. His jaw was sharply defined, and Rey noticed a scar that ran along one of his eyes. He deeply reminded her of Luke. Although her Master was older, the resemblance was notable. If Rey had known Luke when he was younger, she would have imagined him to look similar to the man sitting in front of her.

The woman was beautiful, with long dark brown hair curled to perfection, and warm brown eyes that burned with concern. She was petite, and Rey's first thought was that she resembled General Organa.

Rey attempted to sit up, but found herself become light-headed quickly.

"Easy, now!" The man spoke, steadying the girl with his hands. "You just crashed your ship, silly. There's no need to sit up so quickly."

"I'm so sorry, I must have inconvenienced you both." Rey apologized, feeling unworthy of all their kindness.

"There's no need to apologize." Padmé smiled. "What shall we call you?"

"I'm Rey." Rey spoke, and was reminded of when she first introduced herself to Finn.

"It's lovely to meet you, Rey. My name is Padmé." The woman replied, before gesturing to the man beside her. "And this is my husband, Anakin Skywalker."

Rey thought she had misheard the kind woman for a second. Anakin Skywalker? Darth Vader? Her Master's Father? It was impossible! For all the girl knew, Anakin Skywalker was alive during the Clone Wars era.

"It's a pleasure to meet you both. Thank you for your kindness." Rey forced herself to speak, although she still felt incredibly confused.

"Don't mention it." Anakin smiled.

"Where am I?" Rey wondered, after a moment of comfortable silence. She had to figure out what was going on.

"You're on Coruscant. Where do you come from, Rey? Would you like us to call your parents? They must be worried sick." Padmé spoke. Rey felt her heart sink.

"I come from Jakku, but I have not been there for a while." She replied.

"And your parents?" Anakin asked.

"I've never known them." Rey spoke quietly. This was a subject she preferred not to talk about.

"Oh! I'm so sorry we brought it up." Padmé cried, and held Rey's hand sympathetically.

"It's okay, really. I've been able to handle myself just fine." Rey tried to reassure the woman.

"Do you remember what happened, Rey?" Anakin changed the subject. Rey thanked him internally.

"Yes, for the most part. I had only been flying for over an hour, and although I had not touched the controls, my ship began to surge forward by itself. I remember blacking out soon afterwards." Rey replied, thoughtfully.

"I'm so relieved that you are okay. You gave us quite the scare." Padmé admitted, and Rey smiled sheepishly.

"Love, why don't you go to sleep? I'll watch over Rey." Anakin suggested.

"Are you sure, honey? We can take turns!" Padmé tried to protest, but her husband silenced her.

"Please, love. It won't be good for the baby if you're half dead in the morning." Anakin smirked, causing his wife to scoff.

"Very funny, Skywalker." Padmé spoke sarcastically, before giving her husband a kiss on the cheek.

"Sleep well, Rey." The woman smiled, before exiting the guest room quietly.