Chapter 4

Rey was then left in the room with Anakin. Darth Vader. The father of Luke. Is this real, or am I dreaming?

"You're not dreaming." Anakin chuckled, causing Rey to jump in surprise.

"You can read my mind?" The girl asked, in astonishment.

"No, but you did let some of your mental shields down. It must be because of your weakened state." Anakin replied, and she nodded. He began to apply the warm washcloth to her forehead as Padmé had been doing.

"Are you a Jedi?" Anakin asked, with a small smile.

"I'm training to be." Rey replied. She visualized the secluded island Luke and herself had spent so much time on. Somehow, she knew that she was incredibly far from Luke. Past the point of different planets. Rey could feel that she was in a completely different time period than all of her friends, and that made her very uneasy.

"Is something wrong?" Anakin questioned, sensing her anxious feelings.

"This is hard for me to explain, and you may not believe it, but I...don't belong here." Rey stated. Anakin visibly tensed.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I mean...I'm from the future. I believe the Force has brought me here." Rey answered, truthfully.

"Well, the Force does work in mysterious ways." Anakin smiled. "I believe you."

"I appreciate that." Rey returned the smile, before closing her eyes. She attempted to communicate with Luke through their force bond, but instead, found herself incased in a vision she would have preferred to avoid. With her mental shields weakened, it was broadcasted to Anakin as well.

"I want to be free of this pain."

"I know what I have to do, but I don't know if I have the strength to do it. Will you help me?"

"Yes. Anything."

Rey screamed as Han Solo was impaled with the burning red lightsaber of Kylo Ren.

"It's just us now! Han Solo can't save you now!"

"You're a monster!"

Rey cried as she was force-slammed into a tree and roughly fell to the ground. She heard Finn scream her name.

"That lightsaber, it belongs to me!"

"Come and get it!"

Rey heard Finn's cry of agony, as he fell to the ground. Not her dear friend. Not the first person to ever care for her.

Rey felt the cold metal hit her palm as she called Luke's lightsaber to her for the first time.

"You need a teacher! I can show you the ways of the Force!"

"...The Force?"

Rey closed her eyes. She felt the force flow through her. Filling her with strength. And that was when the blue lightsaber in her hand clashed against the red one belonging to Kylo Ren.

"The Force is strong in my family."

"My father had it."

"I have it."

"My sister, has it."

"You have that power too."

Rey swung her lightsaber, successfully slicing Kylo Ren in the face, and sent him tumbling towards the ground.

"Rey, these are your first steps."

Rey gasped, as she jolted back into reality. She looked to her side to see that Anakin appeared to be shocked as well. He must have seen.

"That all really happened, didn't it?" He questioned. Rey felt herself tense as she nodded.

"That man, in the black clothing. Who was he?" Anakin added, seeming disturbed.

"He's not important." Rey replied quietly. The last person she wanted to speak about was Kylo Ren.

"I feel like, I know him somehow. Just like how I felt when I met you." Anakin spoke, searching Rey's eyes for any answers.

"He doesn't go by his true name." Rey spilled, at the look the Jedi was giving her. Anakin seemed to pick up that she really did not want to speak about the man.

"Who was the other man in your vision?" Anakin changed the subject. Rey couldn't help but beam at the mention of her friend.

"That was my best friend, Finn." The girl replied, and felt her heart clench. She was supposed to be with him right about now.

"What's he like?" Anakin asked, with a smile.

"He's the most important person in my life. I met him on Jakku, when a droid I was with claimed that Finn stole a jacket belonging to his Master." Rey explained, looking back on the memory nostalgically.

"How did you become friends?" Anakin asked.

"I may or may not have chased him down with my staff." Rey grinned, causing Anakin to laugh.

"But later on, we found out that he was really a good guy who had actually helped rescue the droid's master. This droid, called BB-8, was actually carrying a map to a Jedi who went in to exile, and everyone was looking for it. Finn and I promised BB-8 that we would get him back to his base where the map would be safe. Lots of chaos ensued after that promise." Rey added, as she began to feel sleepy.

"I can imagine." Anakin smiled, as he noticed that the girl was close to falling asleep. He pulled the covers over Rey and straightened them out.

"Goodnight, Rey."

"G'night, Anakin." Rey mumbled, causing the man to chuckle quietly.