Chapter 3

-16 years later-

Many sad and lonely years passed by for Prince Artemis and his subjects. But as the time for the princess's sixteenth birthday drew near, all of Equestria began to rejoice. For everypony knew that as long as Queen Chrysalis's domain, the Forbidden Hive, thundered with her wrath and frustration, her evil prophecy had not yet been fullfilled. Inside the hive, as thunder rumbled outside, Queen Chrysalis paced back and forth in frustration. "It's incredible!" Queen Chrysalis said to her changelings. "Sixteen years, and not a trace of her! She couldn't have vanished into thin air!" She looked at the leader of the changeling search patrol, and said "Are you sure you searched everywhere?" The changeling search patrol leader said "Yeah, yeah! Everywhere! We all did!" "Yeah, yeah!" The changelings search patrol said at same time. "But what about the town, the forests, the mountains?" Queen Chrysalis asked.

The changeling search patrol leader nodded and said "We searched mountains, forests, and houses, and let me see, in all the cradles." "Cradles?" Queen Chrysalis asked. The changeling search patrol leader nodded and said "Yeah, yeah, every cradle." "Cradle?!" Queen Chrysalis said seething in anger. She turned to Philomena, and said "Did you hear that my pet? All these years, they've been looking for a foal." Then she started cackling, and all of the changelings started laughing with her. Then the changeling queen abruptly stopped laughing and turned angry as she yelled out "FOOLS!" The changelings stopped laughing and trembled in fear as Queen Chrysalis yelled out "IDIOTS! IMBECILES!" Then her horn started glowing and she aimed and fired her magic at her changeling army. She drove all of the changelings away, stomped her hooves on the ground, and walks to her throne.

"Oh, they're hopeless!" Queen Chrysalis said as she sat on her throne. "A disgrace to the forces of evil!" She sighed, looked at Philomena, and said "My pet, you are my last hope. Circle far and wide. Search for a unicorn of sixteen with mane of moderate indigo and lips red as the rose. Go, and do not fail me." At her mistress's command, Philomena flew outside of the hive, and into the outside world to look for Princess Rarity.