Chapter 10

Moments later, Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, and Sunset Shimmer had arrived at The Forbidden Hive. They cautiously approached it as they went from one hiding place after another. They started to walk to the drawbridge, but they quickly hid from sight when one of the changelings walked out to look around. Seeing that there was nopony around, he went back inside the hive. Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, and Sunset Shimmer then used their magic to turn into breezies, and the flew into the hive through the window. They were suprised by some changeling guards, and stones that looked like dragons, but they were able to get in unnoticed. Suddenly, they heard a noise, so they flew to a window, and into a room where Queen Chrysalis was sitting on her throne, while her changeling army danced around a huge fire. Queen Chrysalis looked at Philomena, and said "What a pity Prince Elusive can't be here to enjoy the celebration. Come, we must go to the dungeon, and cheer him up." She stood up from her throne, and she and Philomena headed towards the dungeons, unaware that Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, and Sunset Shimmer following them. The good mare slipped past the changeling search patrol leader, and they quietly made their way to the dungeon.

Queen Chrysails approached Prince Elusive's cell door, and opened it with a key. Philomena flew in, and sat down on a rock as Queen Chrysalis stepped in, and closed the door. Prince Elusive was sitting on a little stone bench, completely chained to a wall. He glared at the changeling queen who approached him, and said "Oh come now, Prince Elusive. Why so melancholy? A wonderous future lies before you. You, the destined hero of a charming fairy tale come true." Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, and Sunset Shimmer watched from the window of the cell door as Queen Chrysalis conjured an image of the tallest tower at the castle in Canterlot with her magic, and said "Behold, Prince Artemis's castle, and in yonder topmost tower, dreaming of her true love, the Princess Rarity." The image of the tower changed into Princess Rarity sleeping on the bed as Queen Chrysalis said "But seeing the gracious whim of fate. Why, tis the self same peasant mare, who won the heart of out noble prince but yesterday. She is indeed most wonderous fair. Moderate indigo in her mane, lips that shame the red red rose. In ageless sleep, she finds repose." Then the image of Princess Rarity turned into the into an elderly versions of Prince Elusive and Dopey Hoof leaving The Forbidden hive as Queen Chrysalis said "The years roll by, but a hundred years to a steadfast heart are bout a day. And now, the gates of the dungeon part, and the prince is free to go his way. Off he rides in his carriage, a valiant figure, straight and tall, to wake his love with love's first kiss, and prove that true love conquers all!"

In a fit of rage, Prince Elusive tried to attack the changeling queen, but the chains held him back. Queen Chrysalis cackled sinsiterly at Prince Elusive's expense. "Why, you-!" Sunset Shimmer said as she tried to attack Queen Chrysalis, but Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy quickly held her pack, and pulled away from the window in the cell door. Philomena turned around when she heard something, but there was nothing there. "Come, my pet." Queen Chrysalis said as Philomena sat on her mistress's shoulder. "Let us leave our noble prince with these happy thoughts." Prince Elusive still struggled despite the chains holding him down as Queen Chrysalis said "A most gratifying day." She opened the cell door, walked out, closed it, and locked it as she said "For the first time in sixteen years, I shall sleep well." As she walked to her bedroom, Philomena glared at the cell door, and then turned away. When Queen Chrysalis walked into the bedroom, Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, and Sunset Shimmer flew into the cell, and turned back into their pony forms. Prince Elusive was suprised to see them, but before he could say anything, Twilight Sparkle shushed him, and said "No time to explain." She and Fluttershy used their magic to open Prince Elusive's chains while Sunset Shimmer used her magic to unlock the cell door. "Thank you." Prince Elusive said. "Now let's go!" "Wait, Prince Elusive." Twilight Sparkle said as she stopped Prince Elusive in his tracks. "The road to true love may be barriered by still many more dangers which you alone will have to face." She then gave Prince Elusive a purple shield with three blue diamonds on it, and a purple sword as she said "So arm thyself with this enchanted shield of virture and this mighty sword of truth. For these weapons of rightousness will triumph over evil. Now come, we must hurry."