Chapter 10

After Harry's Quidditch practice the four of us decided to take a walk down to Hagrids.

We see Hagrid with Buckbeak out in the yard being held by restrains. It makes me sad yes I almost died on that thing but it's not right.

"Hey Hagrid." Says Harry "what are you doing?" He asks even though we're watching him tie up Buckbeak. I swear Harry would not make a good Ravenclaw.

He sighed "I'm gonna spend some quality time with Buckbeak we're going to London tomorrow for trial."

I nodded. Hagrid starts crying and we all go over to hug him. "It'll be fine Hagrid." Said Ron.

Hagrid dries up his tears. "Now y'all better get back to the castle before it gets late." He says even though we have two hours before we need to leave.

We all say okay and walk back up to the castle. We stay out in the courtyard Hermonie reading her Hogwarts a History for the hundredth time.

Harry and Ron were playing wizards chess which is very barbaric and they keep making inside jokes about it.

I sigh just sitting there waiting for a ministry letter. I'm expecting my parents will and where I'll be staying until I graduate Hogwarts.

Then surely an owl swoops down and drops a professional looking letter at me.

I just stare at it not wanting to look inside. I look up and Hermonie is still there but the boys are on the other side of the courtyard.

"I sent them away Ron can be a little...unique when it comes to sentimental."

I laugh "haha Hermonie" I look back down at my letter and take a deep breath.

"Here goes nothing right?" I say she nods her head. I take the package and open it up.
It reads

Dear Miss Vaughn

This is the will of Susan and David Vaughn
Now both of them moving constantly barely had anything sentimental but the things they did have left for you

They left you an antique necklace that belonged to your great grandmother

I took out a necklace I saw my mother wear to parties it was a gold chain with a huge diamond. "Woah." I say.

And all the money your parents made has been given to you. Approximately 10,000 dollars.

I looked at the stack of cash inside the envelope. Hermonie looked at it wide eyed. "What exactly did your parents do Sara?" She asked

I laughed "scientists we traveled to I don't know how many countries we were suppose to spend Christmas in Russia." I say. I look down and continue to read.

At the moment you will be staying at London children's foster care you may spend Christmas with a fellow classmate if you wish any questions see headmaster Dumbledore.

I put down the letter. Foster care. Really? None of my aunts or uncles or grandparents wants to look after me?

I know they didn't like me that much but to drop me in foster care? Now that's just crude.

Hermonie looked at me with sympathy. "You can spend Christmas with us." She says.

"We're staying at Hogwarts." I nod that's probably what I was going to do anyway.

The boys come back over and we head up to the common room. There's a big crowd of Gryffindors in front of the painting.

"What's happening?" I ask. Ron rolls his eyes "nevilles probably forgot the password again." He says.