Chapter 9• Welcome to Manchester

Carolina's POV

The taxi stopped at a massive mansion. It looked vintage but I like it. Feels like I'm in the past but here in present moment. The house is a bit deserted though, no neighbors or other buildings around. You have to take a walk down the hill to reach the town. But I guess that's okay, it's very peaceful here. And very cold since we're on a hill. I hugged myself and rubbed my arms to keep them warm. Liam opened the gate and we walked up to the porch. He pulled the bell to signal the people inside. I am going to love it here, it's so fashioned old! The wind in my hair again, my curls covered my face and I tucked them away once the door opened.

The man looked at Liam then turned to me, with a smile on his face. "Liam, you're finally here!" They hugged and patted each other's back. After that, I scooted a little closer to Liam, it was my turn. His ocean blue eyes looked into my hazel ones, "And you must be Carolina." I nodded and smiled. The wind blew harsh this time, "Come in, come in! I forgot it's December." He ushered us in and took my luggage.

I stepped in and observed my surroundings. Oh my, I must be dreaming. There are so many antiques and paintings of theirs, the warm light helping the mood. Their mansion is just so huge and warm. The man told us to take a seat on the couch and we did. Liam turned to me, "I told you they're kind." I rolled my eyes at him with a grin. Maybe they aren't so bad after all, but this is only one. Liam said there's more.

The man came back with a tray of tea, I smelled the sweet aroma of green mint. He set the tray down on the coffee table in front of us and sat across. "I'm Louis Tomlinson, by the way and I have my four other brothers," oh no. "Don't worry, we're not naughty." He said after taking in my look. I took a sip on my tea and gulped down the warm sweetened water. Mm, just what I need. "Oh, I already called my brothers so they'll be here in any moment now." I nervously put my cup of tea down on the table and entwined my sweaty hands together. When I was about to turn to Liam, heavy steps were heard on the other wall, meaning they're all coming down. Liam suddenly rubbed my arm in comfort once again, and gave me a reassuring look. I smiled at him then turned to the four other men already looking at me. I stood up suddenly and opened my mouth, wait, I forgot.

Liam stood up and walked towards the four men, and hugged them each. They all looked so intimidating, but they're not even wearing suits! Just regular three fourths tees and jeans but the other one is wearing boots and thin dress shirt with three buttons undone. They all have mesmerizing eyes and I can't help but relate to the other one, with nice jet black hair. He has hazel brown eyes too, like Liam's but much more darker.

I must be looking like an idiot right now, just standing here while they all talked. Oh, what am I even doing? I shouldn't have accepted Liam's offer but then again, I can't back out now. One of them cleared their throat and I looked up once again. The blonde approached to me then hugged me suddenly, I struggled to breathe. "Welcome to our beloved home, Carolina." Oh, so he's Irish? I can tell because I've already encountered some Irish people back in the library. He leaned away and grinned to me, "I'm Niall Horan and this is Zayn Malik," he referred to the jet black hair guy. "And this is Harry Styles, our somewhat big brother." He pointed to the curly hair guy. For a guy, he has a very long hair but beautiful if I do say so myself. Wait, if there are brothers, how come they have different last names? "We're not related but we do feel like one, that's why." Louis said, answering my question. Oh.

They all looked at me expectantly except for Liam, who's already right beside me with Niall. Liam looked at them then turned to me, "Oh, I almost forgot. She is mute, so she can't speak," I gripped Liam's arm and he smiled at me. "Her last name is McAllister, it's the name of her caretaker. We really don't know her real last name."

"How come?" Zayn, I think asked?

Liam turned to me and I nodded at him, "Her mother left her with Aunt Colette, the caretaker, and never came back. We don't know how she looked like or what's her full name, we know her first name is-"