29. Jensen's Phone Call

Lauren and I enter Hamilton Hotel and Resort in New York. She runs to the counter. She turns towards me. "Hurry up, Joy. I want to check-out our room and then go to the pool."

I move toward the counter.

The girl looks up and smiles. "Hello, Miss Hamilton. We have your room set up for you." She gives me the keys to the room. "Alex, will show you to the Presidential Suite."

I take the keys off the counter. "Thank you."

Lauren and I follow Alex up to the room.

In the room Lauren runs to her own room with her backpack.

I hear her shuffle across the room. I enter my room and start to put my things in the draws.

When my stuff is put away I put on my bikini. I exit my room and make my way to Lauren's. I knock on the door.

"Come on."

I enter the room. "Do you want to go to the pool?"

She nods. "I need to put my costumes on. I'll be out in a minute."

I exit the room and make my way to the lounge room. I pick up my phone.

Four more hours until I hear from Jensen.

Lauren and I exit out room and we make our way down to the pool.

When we get to the pool I see a huge oval shaped pool in a room and there's a gym next door. I can see people working out on the machines.

Lauren jumps into the pool and water splashes everywhere. She surfaces and looks at me. "Are you coming in, sis?"

I put my towel and phone on a chair. I walk into the pool and I swim over to my sister.

Lauren and I spend and hour in half in the pool before I climb out. "I'm hungry. I'm going over to a cafe to get something to eat."

Lauren climbs out if the pool. "I'm coming with you."

We dry ourselves off and then we make our way to the cafe. I order a sandwich and Lauren orders a donut.

I pay for the food and I take it up to my room.

Lauren turns the TV on and we watch it.

My phone starts to ring and I smile.

Jensen's finally in Sydney.

Me: Hello.

Jensen: Hey, baby. I'm just calling to tell you I arrived safely in Sydney.

Me: Thank you for calling me. Lauren and I are in the hotel in New York. I pause for a moment. Jensen, I'm scared to go to the meeting the tomorrow."

Jensen: You'll be fine. You're Joy Hamilton. I want to hear you say that.

I take a deep me and then I look at my sister who's laughing at something on the TV.

Me: I'm Joy Hamilton.

Jensen: Say those words tomorrow before you walk into the meeting. Then you should be fine.

Me: I wish you were here, Jen.

Jensen: Me, too. I love and miss you baby.

Me: I love and miss you too, Jensen. Can you call me sometime tomorrow? I want to tell you how the meeting went.

Jensen: Okay,

I hear him talk to someone and then the phone disconnects. I put the phone on the table. I close my eyes.