33.

I wake up the following morning and move to the bathroom. I look into the mirror and I see tear stains on my face, my brown hair sticks to my face and my eyes are red. I turn the tap on and wash my face. I hear someone knock on the door.

"Cindy," a voice says.

I turn the tap off and walk out of my bedroom. I see mr and mrs McKellar sitting on the lounge. They have a couple bags with them and some hot drinks. I walk over. "Hello, mr and mrs McKellar."

Mrs McKellar rises and she moves over to me. She hugs me. "Hello, sweetheart. How are you feeling?"

I look at the ground. "Numb, I can't believe that he's gone." I smell cinnamon in one of the bags. "Did you buy cinnamon donuts?"

Mrs McKellar smiles. "Yeah, I got them after they were cooked. Cinnamon donuts taste better when they're freshly cooked. You'll find out when you have one. I brought you a tea as well."

"Thank you, mrs McKellar."

She shakes her head. "Call me Mum or Denise."

Lauren exits her room and she yawns. "Good morning." She says and walks over to lounge. She sits across from me and she opens up a bag. "This smells great." She offers me the bag and I take out a cinnamon donut.

I bite into the donut and then I begin to chew. I feel the cinnamon stick to my lips. I lick them. I pick up my tea and have a drink. I look around the room. "What's everyone doing today?"

Lauren looks at me. "Do I have to go to school?"

I look at the clock on the wall and it says 9am. I shake my head. "No," I look at the ground. "I wasn't going to send you anyway. But, I can't stay in this room all day."

Mrs McKellar touches my arm. "We're having some close family and friends coming over."

Cindy looks at her parents. "That seems like a party. Doesn't that seem a bit insensitive of you?"

She sighs. "Cindy, I can't say no to them coming around. They want to be there for us. They have lost him as much as everyone else."

Cindy rises. "Mum," she points at me. "She has lost him. She is the love of his life and the mother of his child." She turns to her father. "Why wasn't he on a private plane?"

Mr McKellar looks at her. "He wanted to see what is was like to fly commercial. He wanted to experience something that ordinary people take for granted." He looks at me. "You've made my son see things differently. He told me about his plan to meet you at the bar and buy you a drink. That made him smile the thought of picking his wife up at the bar. He was looking forward to coming home for that date."

I was looking forward to that date too. I had the perfect dress for that. It showed off my baby bump. He would've loved it.

Tears begin to fall down my face. "I was counting down the days until our date."

Lauren and Cindy wrap there arms around me.

***

After breakfast Cindy, Lauren and I decide to not go over to the McKellar's. I wasn't in the mood to meet the rest of the family.

I wanted to meet the family with Jensen at my side.

A limousine pulls in front of us and we climb inside.

Lauren sits in the middle. She looks at me. "I can't believe I'm skipping school to go shopping with my sisters."

Cindy and I laugh.

I look at her. "This is the only time you'll skip school to go shopping with me. But, after last night I know you wouldn't be able to concentrate at school." I sigh. "Since, you've moved in with me you've missed school seven times. I'm a bad influence when it comes to your education."