Chapter 7

"I... Uh... Well I-" I stuttered, not knowing what to say to that.

"Well?! Will you forgive me or not?" He was angry and impaitent. I could tell that much. But he was trying his best to stay calm, so I had to give him credit for that.

"I... I don't know." I finally blurted out. "I'm sorry. I just need time to think about it."

Anger flashed through his eyes. I looked down, praying that he would cool it. Just as I closed my eyes, he pushed me to the ground and fell on top of me. Of course that knocked the breath out of me.

"Sorry." He whispered. 

"What the-" I started to yell, once I found my breath but was cut off when he put his hand over my mouth. He put his finger to his lips, motioning for me to keep quiet. 

"Wha-" I started to whisper until I heard men yelling and people screaming. 

The sound of gunshots filled the air. I curled up and hugged Kason closer just as Brayden hugged us both closer to him, making us go further underneath a bush. The sound of gunshots were getting louder. Finally, the gunshots stopped. All that could be heard was footsteps and heavy breathing. Like the gunshots, the sound of leaves crunching ceased after what sounded like someone falling. 

"No! Ple-" Whoever it was was cut off by the sound of one gunshot.

We quietly manuvered our way under the bush so that our bodies could not be seen easily. 

"I can't find anyone!" A voice boomed. It sounded like he was right above us. 

"Alec! Get out! Cops!" Another voice boomed, just out of the woods.

Sure enough, seconds later the sound of a helicopter above and police cars getting closer could be heard. People were yelling and the woods were flooded with light from the helicopters above. I heard a guy, presumably known as Alec, curse under his breath. People ran into the woods and someone yelled, "Freeze! Put your hands above your head!"

"You're under arrest! Keep your hands behind your back!" Another voice sounded. I heard the clink of handcuffs locking as they read him the riot act.

"Take him away boys!" A female voice spoke, "I'll look and see if anyone else is out here. Lawson! Go get the medical examiner and check out the dead body."

"Alright you two. Come on out." 

My stomache dropped.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! so what did you think of chapter 7? I promise chapter 8 will be longer. I created a facebook page! Click external link :)