Chapter Fifteen

Troy and I spend the rest of the day together, talking and sleeping, in and out. He's a really nice guy if you give him the chance to be. I think we have a real connection. He too, lost someone he never met. He had an older sister who died before he was born. He said everyone talked about her like she was the most wonderful woman ever. I bet she was. The way he talked about her, I knew he cared deeply about her. It would have been nice to meet her, and my brother. Troy made it all better, somehow, in his own way. I remembered our conversation, where I was starting to believe that he does have a heart.

                    "Tell me about you." he says, laying on his side.

                    "What would you like to know?" I ask. I can't help but giggle at him, he looks so calm and relaxed for a prince.

                     "How did you find your way in the palace?" 

                     "Um, well. I haven't been living here my whole life, I just got here a month ago. I was living in California, in the US. Apparently, the woman I thought was my mother, was actually someone who was ordered to look after me. So, I never had a real childhood, like I thought I did. She'd always call me her Princess, but now that I think about it, it makes me sick. How can you do that to a child?" At that moment, I was close to my breaking point again. Troy grabbed me and pulled me in for a huge hug.

                     "You'll always be my Princess." he whispered in my ear. 

                      Thinking about that now, it makes me question everything. We're moving to fast. He's already claiming his love for me when we just met. Does love at first sight really exist, or are we only saying that not to raise suspicion? I hope we aren't, or this won't last very long. I don't think I'm catching feelings for him, no, this is a neutral relationship. I hope.

                      "What are you thinking?" he asked me, rolling over to look at me.

                      "Just about how I ended up here, in this moment."

                      "Explain."

                      "Well, I never in my whole life imagined myself to be in this position. Never imagined I'd be a Princess, or live in a castle, or anything. Never thought my life was a whole lie, well, I suspected, but I never thought that it would be true. Do you know what it's like to live a lie, with a fake mom and a best friend who turned out to be your sister? It's just, all of it, it's over whelming."

                       "It'll be alright." Troy attempts to comfort me, and for some reason, it bury myself deeper into him. I feel horrible though, my insides are all, I don't know, they feel bad. I know I'm going behind Adam's back, but it was never going to happen between us anyway. All that s*** about me being in love was just my heart getting melo-dramatic over the fact that I had a boyfriend. I wouldn't even call him that. 

                       "I should probably get back. My brother and your sister are are probably getting suspicious." He says getting off the bed, ripping me out of my little thought bubble.

                       "Yeah, and I am going to talk to my sister." 

                       "You do that, talk to her, give her a stern lecture." He chuckles, and I can't help but smile. He leans down to kiss my cheek, and I swerve away. I didn't mean to, but I needed to make something right before I kissed someone.

                       "Sorry Troy, I just need to make things right before we proceed." I don't dare look at him, for I fear his pained look would change my decision. 

                       "I completely understand. I'll see my way out." He grabs his jacket and shoes, and just like that, he's out the door. Before I have the chance to go after him, Adam walks in uninvited. He comes over to me, and before I ask what he's doing, his lips are on mine. This is wrong, so wrong, and I try hard to push him away. He doesn't get the message, so I push harder and even hit him in the chest. 

                        "Adam, STOP!" I yell louder than I thought I would. Loud enough for Troy to hear, hopefully. 

                       "Adam, what's your problem!? Where's my other body guard, Chase?"

                       "I had him switch with me, I needed to be with you, Annebelle. I love you." He advances on me again, and I'm pressed my bed post and his body.

                       "Adam, we aren't a thing. I have a suitor, and you're a guard, it was never going to work." His eyes are blood shot, like he's full of greed and lust. 

                       "I need your love Annebelle, you're my love." He presses his body harder against me, so hard it hurts, so hard I can't ever move anymore. 

                       "Adam, I'm warning you know, while you still have a chance, back away and leave." I threatened him. He just presses harder, and it makes me groan. This bed post hurts.

                       "3-" He presses harder.

                       "2-"

                       "1-!" I yell as loud as I possibly can. It doesn't do much since he covers it with another kiss. So I do what I can do. I shift just enough to where my knee is lined with his crotch and shoot it up fast and hard. It hits him dead center, and he staggers back, caressing it. 

                       "You little b****! I'm not done with you!" Quickly, he staggers up, limping a bit. But he's still fast, to fast. I move back against the wall slowly, trying to keep my distance from him. Before he attacks me, I grab the quickest thing by me and smash it dead on his head. A vase, the good one too. But I don't care, not anymore. He tried to do who knows what to me, and I stopped the bastard. I drop the flowers that ended up in my hand on his back and step back, staggering to the door. Before I walk out I turn back. It's not to late to make a snide comment, and I have the best one. 

                       "Don't mess with the Princess of England, motherf*****." and just like that, I'm gone with the biggest smile on my face.