Chapter Sixteen

I walk out of the room with pride. He's only getting what he deserves. I mean, yeah, I hurt myself inside by hurting him, but he had no right for that. I hear yells coming from my room, but I don't turn around to acknowledge them. Guards are running past me to get to my room, and some stop to ask me if I'm alright. I nod my head and continue on my way to Elizabeth's room. I miss her, and after our last encounter, I really wanted to apologize. 

          When I get to her room, I knock once and peek my head inside, eyes shut. 

           "You can come in." Elizabeth calls, laughing. I open my eyes and see her and Austin sitting in the corner. Ugh, Austin. 

          "Liz, hey what's up? Just came to check up on you and apologize for busting in on you guys. It was my idea, I just really wanted to get away from Troy." I explain, fully walking into the room and shutting the door behind me. 

          "Anne, why'd you want to get away from him? Shouldn't you be pursuing him?" Liz asks, confused. 

          "Because I still had a little thing for Adam, and I thought it was love. But that little s*** just got his head f***** by a lamp, so I'll be alright." I say nonchalantly. 

          "Anne, what the hell did you do?" Liz asks, looking surprised.

          "Oh, you know, this and that. Lets just say, you won't be seeing him for awhile." My smile fades and I feel tears coming along, but I mustn't let them over come me. I distract myself with them. 

           "Sooo, what cha doin'?"

            "Working." I now see the papers surrounding them.          

            "Oh, on what?" I walk closer.

            "Just, you know, stuff." Austin answers for Liz. She looks up at him, grateful. But I don't give up. 

            "What stuff? Is it a secret?"

            "Annebelle, please. Can you go bother someone else?" Liz looks up at me annoyed. Ugh, she acts like she's all that.

            "Fine, I'll just go get harassed by someone else and bang their head with a vase!" I storm out, not letting them say anything. They don't need to, because I can hear their laughter through the walls, and it makes me angrier. So much for a sincere apology, she doesn't deserve it anymore than Adam does. Just goes to show that you can't trust family, and now that I'm going to be and aunt to her kids, I'll have to deal with mini-Elizabeth's. Great. I turn back around and walk into Liz's room.

           "Quick question, where is Troy's room? I need to speak to him."

           "Anne, his room is right next door to yours."

           "Oh, thanks." I shut the door quickly and nearly run down the corridor to get to him. When I find his door, which was right net to mine, I knock quietly. I hear his quiet voice telling me to come in, so I open the door slowly and peek my head in.

           "Hello Troy." 

           "Annebelle, hi, how are you. Are you okay? I heard noise in your room, and when I went to go check it out, you were gone and this man was lying there surrounded by glass. I thought he was trying to hurt you, and I thought he did. I was so upset, upset with myself for treating you badly, for going after you. When I left your room, that man was just glaring at me with hatred in his eyes, I thought it had something to do with me and you, but I ignored him and went to my room, all angry over a stupid kiss." He takes a huge sigh and and runs his hand through his hair. Doing the only thing I know that would calm him down, I walk over and kiss him. It's just the faintest kiss that only last five seconds, but I know it means so much more to him. 

          "Annebelle, I love you." he says, his lips leaving me. I shake my head, stepping back. 

          "I don't know what love is. I say love is the greatest thing that could ever happen to you, but I've never experienced it. We need to take this slow. I need the truth, you know?"

          "I'll give you a truth, anything. Let me think, um, my real name is Maxwell! How about that?"

          "What did you just say?"

          "My real name is Maxwell, my real name. I was given away at birth and adopted by the French Royal Family."

           "Oh my god." I whisper. "You-"

           "What is it? What's wrong?"

           "You're my brother."

END OF BOOK ONE