Chapter 2- Fate?

Chapter 2:

Fate?

After our first encounter I didn't hear from you. That week I thought you were just another stranger that I had met. But that week, the following one, I was at a small hometown bookstore in the outskirts of New York City. I was scavenging the aisles looking for a good book that interested when I heard a familiar voice. I couldn't quite register who it belonged to.

As I whipped my head to the side to catch a better view of the man standing at the register asking the old lady a question. He had the same curly hair I'd seen before.

Then it came to me.

It was that guy from the park last week! The man who got my dog, you.

Was it odd that I had seen you twice. New York City is pretty big from what I've seen. I guess it could just be a coincidence, right, I thought

I decide on whether to greet you, but decide against it, unless you see me I won't say hello, I thought. It would seem awkward if I said hi not necessarily knowing you.

So I go back to searching the stacks of books, trying not to listen in on the conversation.

As I slide a book out from under the stack and read the back I feel a slight tap at the shoulder.

I turn around to be faced by the one and only. You.

I was a bit startled not expecting you to approach me, but nonetheless I gladly greeted you.

We talked about books and how you've always loved to read. We shared the same passion.

After a good 15 minutes, you said you had to go somewhere while looking at your watch. I watched you about to walk about, but before you walked out the door you spun around and called out to me.

I didn't get your number, you said. I couldn't help the smile grow. For an odd reason I felt a bit giddy as I flipped out my phone and you inserted your number in it and I did the same to yours. Maybe it was the fact that you had an interest in getting to know me. Or that you actually asked for my number. But either way I felt my mood become a bit more joyful for the rest of day.

Well that was our second encounter. Fate? Destiny? Maybe. I don't know, but I sure do know it was a heck of a ride from there on. Well love you.

Yours Truly,

Anna Caroline xx

-----

Short I know! Sorry