Chapter 4- The Third Letter

Chapter 4:

The Third Letter

I wake up to a ray of sunshine, the first one of the week, spilling in from a opening in the curtain. I don't make an effort to move.

I blink a couple of times, adjusting my vision.

It's weird. It's been pouring rain all of these past weeks. Almost going along with my misery. But today, the sun came out.

Maybe this is what it was. The change of atmosphere, or the small desire I felt that made me slowly reach to the side an pull out the cabinet that contained the folded letters.

As I pulled them out, I took out the 3rd letter in the stack.

I hesitated a shaky breath escaping my parted lips. I unfolded the piece of parchment and scanned the top before emerging into her world.

••

Our first date is what followed. After the encounter at the book shop, you texted me that weekend. As shy as ever, you called me. Something I honestly did not expect. But in a good way.

I accepted your request to a cup of tea at a nearby cafe, and as we ended the call, I thought I noticed the sound of a 'yes' in the distance.

I couldn't help but let out a short laugh at the thought.

Later that day, I had gotten ready. And to be completely honest, I kept worrying in what to wear. I didn't want to turn up wearing something... unattractive. It had been a while since I went on a date, like you already knew, so I wanted to make it memorable... In a non-geeky way.

I arrived at the cafe, parking my car and hopping out of it to walk in the cafe.

I walk in to find you waiting for me.

The date went well, a couple of awkward instances, but it was normal. It actually was fun. I really did like you, the way you had devotion for the things you loved. Singing mainly. You explained to me how you were in a band. They were just starting out. I honestly didn't expect that.

Afterwards, we parted ways with a slick kiss on the cheek from you which I gladly accepted. You did have that affect on me.

Actually you always have. You never lost that touch to your uniqueness. I guess that's what kept us close. We never changed.

I'm happy because of that.

Like always, love you Harry.

Yours Truly,

Anna Caroline x

-------------------

Short i know