8.

Been waiting on that sunshine
Boy, I think I need that back
Can't do it like that
No one else gonna get it like that
So why argue? You yell, had to take me back

|Dwayne|

"What if it's a boy?" I said.

" A boy needs a father to show him how to be in the world. He needs to be given swagger, taught how to read a map so that he can recognize the roads that lead to life and the paths that lead to death, how to know what love requires, and where to find steel in the heart when life makes demands on us that are greater than we think we can endure." She said.

"What about all the things I've done? " I asked.

"You'll tell our child, there are times a man has to do things he doesn't like to, in order to protect his family. " she said.

"Do you think it's that easy? " I asked shaking my head.

"Do you think it's easy for me? We both are facing a challenge of bringing a child into this world but guess what I'm willing to be the best for our child so what do you wanna do?" She yelled.

"I...I don't know " I said confused.

"Oh my fucking God. Dwayne, I will not stand here and listen to you try to find a way out of something that you helped create. This is a chance for you to change and be better." She said rubbing her swollen belly. I stared at her stomach. That's our baby, she's carrying.

"To be a good father and mother requires that the parents defer many of their own needs and desires in favor of the needs of their children." He said.

"Right, you're telling me something that I already know. " she said rolling her eyes.

"Should you be standing? " I asked.

"What? " she said.

"You've been standing for awhile now. Doesnt your feet hurt?" I asked.

"Oh yeah it does " she said taking a sit next to me.

" I'm sorry that I missed out on the being there when you found out that you were pregnant and for dying too. I don't want to be an absent father. Who goes many months of not speaking to your child? And holidays missed ? And for what? Regret is a bitch...unfortunately that you'll  feel that soon enough. But most importantly, there is not a care about what you are doing to your child. I want to be there for the baby, for you, for us." I said.

And with that, She kissed me ever so gently, but passionate all the same.

"I love you so much" she said.

"I love you too." I said smiling.

This is a new beginning for Robyn and I plus a baby.