Chapter Four

๑۞๑,¸¸,ø¤º°'°๑۩ cεяιzε's ρσv ๑۩ ,¸¸,ø¤º°'°๑۞๑

During gym class, Colby was a fucking monster. When we were doing push-ups, I couldn't even do three without passing out. But Colby was doing over fifty push-ups! Her arms weren't even shaking. I guess she was really strong, even though she looked a little skinny.

Even Mrs. Patrice was surprised! Everyone was staring at her as she kept going. They all started cheering until Mrs. Patrice blew her whistle and made Colby stop doing push-ups.

The school bell rang, everyone ran into the locker rooms, so did Colby and I. We changed out of our gym clothes and walked to the front of the school. "So, um, who's picking you up?" I asked. "I'm walking home." Colby replied, still standing next to me.

"Then why're you standing here then?"

"I'm waiting for Rebecca."

"Oh, makes sense."

After five awkward minutes of silence, Rebecca came up behind Colby and tried to scare her. But Colby turned around before she could yell "Roar."

"Ready to go home, Col?" Rebecca asked, smiling. "Yeah." Colby replied. "Oh yeah! Cerize, I was wondering if you could give us your number." Rebecca said, turning towards me. "Yeah, sure." I said. We all traded phones and typed our numbers in each other's phones.

Once we were done, we all said goodbye to each other. Colby and Rebecca walked to the crosswalk. I still stood at the front of the school, waiting for my aunt. A minute later, she arrived. "Hey Ceri, sorry I'm late." My aunt apologized. "It's fine." I said, forgiving her. I got in the car and it drove off.

"So how was school?" My aunt asked. "Sa-actually, it was different for once." I replied, almost saying the same old thing. "Really? How so?" She asked again, confused.

"I met two new friends today. Colby and Rebecca Maxwell."

"Oh that's nice. Speaking of nice, are they nice?"

"Yeah. Rebecca acts so mature while her twin sister, Colby, acts like a 12 year old kid."

"They're twin sisters?!"

"Yeah, but they look similar but don't, facial wise. Personality wise, not similar AT ALL."

My aunt giggles. "What's so funny?!" I ask her, perplexed. "YOU! " She yells. I didn't understand how I was funny. I pulled down the car mirror and there was nothing on my face that look funny. Then I noticed that she was laughing at what I told her. Stupid me. I started laughed as well and felt a tear go down my eye as I kept going on like a mad man.

Once the car drove up into the driveway, I saw the kids that go another school called Preston Middle School walk pass my house. They knew who I was, since I had a reputation from being in the national junior honor society. They all narrowed their eyes at me and gave mean faces in unison. My aunt noticed. "Come on, Ceri." She said with a serious tone. I followed her inside and closed the door behind me. I went into the living room and looked through the window. They were gone.

I sighed in relief. I turned around and saw my aunt drop her keys on the coffee table. And it wasn't a good drop. "Those damn Preston kids. Thinking that they have the upper hand." She mumbled. I pretended not to hear what she just mumbled. So I tried to leave the room before my mom starts ranting to herself. "Well, I'm going to my room. Here are the welcome papers you have to sign." I said, handing her the welcome papers from my backpack. "Okay." She said.

I walked up the stairs and opened the door to my room. I placed my backpack on the ground next to my nightstand and fell into my bed. I sighed, feeling that I went to school for four years and came back home. It really was a long day. Just as I was about to take a nap, there was a ding from my phone. It was Colby.

I typed in my password and looked at the text.

Colby: Yo

I sent a text back.

Cerize: Scratching to text me, huh?

Colby: Hell yea. Ur cute af

Cerize: 😳

Colby: Gotcha

Cerize: Shut up

Colby: No ty

Cerize: 😒

There was five minutes of no texts after that. My phone dinged again after those five minutes.

Colby: Cerize

Cerize: Yea?

Colby: Not trying to be rude, but how r u bi?

Cerize: I had a crush on a guy one time, then a girl. Why'd you ask?

Colby: Cuz u don't seem like the bi kind of girl

Cerize: How so?

Colby: I mean, u r the nerd who's quiet and literally has only one friend. No offense.

Cerize: None taken. But yea, I came see where you're coming from. Most people who make judgements of me at first are surprised once they talk to me. They always think I'm some sort of depressed goody two shoes (or however you say it) with one only friend and no one else. But I honestly don't care. Judgements don't matter to me as long as it's in a competition. Nothing can bring me down.

Colby: Ok 1. Dat wall of text doe 2. Those judgements are wrong. Ur a cool person to hang out with. I like how you don't let anyone 'bring you down' and don't care. You could be the best girlfriend I've had so far.

Cerize: Thanks. And GIRLFRIEND?!

Colby: Yea, bae. U didn't notice?

Cerize: Not at all. I didn't even sign up for this.

Colby: Well, too bad.

Cerize: Fuck you

Colby: ❤️

There was endless texting until seven'o clock. We stopped texting after that once Colby had to deal with Rebecca stealing her favorite sports bra.

"Cerize! Dinner!" My aunt called me from downstairs.

"Coming!"

After I had dinner, I decided to take a shower, since it was almost eight and I had school tomorrow. I grabbed my phone and walked into the bathroom. I closed the door behind me. I took off my clothes and turned on the water, waiting for the cold water to turn to warm water. I played the songs I usually sang in the shower and placed my phone on the vanity. I felt the water, feeling the warmth slashing on my hand. I pulled up the knob that activates the shower.

I walked into the shower and washed myself while singing my favorite song. It was called "Subway." My mother loved that song as well. We would always sing that song together. Mom.

Wheels on the rails
Eyes on the tracks
Waiting by the station
Clickity Clack
For you
Only me
For the subway

My favorite part of the song. My mother and I would listen to this part on replay. My father would listen to us sing and act like our audience, cheering us on like we were pop stars.

Thinking about my father or just saying "my dad/father" would bring back the...memories.

I guess those judgements weren't wrong about one thing. I did have a depressing life..before.

---
So sorry this took a while to get out. I was busy with school.

'•.,¸¸,.•'¯ ¢σммєит•νσтє•ѕнαяє ¯'•.,¸¸,.•'

тнαикѕ fσя яєα∂ιиg! 

уσυяѕ тяυℓу, 
_кιттєнн_💚

---