Chapter 1 : Surviving Malachor

Darth Vader was Anakin Skywalker.

Ahsoka didn't believe that at first, not until she was able to slice part of his mask.

"Ahsoka." Vader called out.

Even though his mask was damaged, his voice was instantly recognizable.

Ahsoka's eyes widened. She turned back to where the Vader had fallen. He had called her name. She stood hurriedly.

Vader was on the ground. He looked up and faced her. Ahsoka's lightsaber had sliced open not just the mask, but something more that. It also revealed a yellow iris of the Sith Lord. The same with the one she saw in Mustafar, with Obi-Wan sixteen years ago.

"Ahsoka." He repeated.

Ahsoka stared at him, her eyes became watery. There is nothing more painful than seeing her former master being worse than dead.

"Anakin." She choked.

He managed to stand and they regarded each other.

"I won't leave you!" Ahsoka said. "Not this time." She promised.

Anakin/Vader was silent for a moment. Clearly, he was hesitating, then frowned as seen from his destroyed helmet. "Then you will die." He said, activating his lightsaber.

"Ahsoka!" Ezra yelled as he ran to her aid.

Ahsoka clutched her lightsabers and noticed Ezra running to her direction. She took a deep breath, raised her hand and pushed him back using the Force.

"Ahsoka!" Ezra called, then he flew backwards towards the Phantom. "No!" He struggled to stand. "NO!"

The Sith temple started to deactivated and the levitating pyramid started to fall back to the ground with Ahsoka and Vader crossing sabers below it.

As the walls came down, everything went dark, with their lightsabers as their only source of light. And she was alone with her master.

They continued crossing sabers. Vader used the Force to push her backwards. "I'm going to ask you again," He said, his normal voice combined with the mechanical voice box, making it sound raspy. "Where are the other Jedi?" He demanded.

"Like I said," Ahsoka shouted as she charged. "There aren't any left!" She blocked Vader's strike by crossing her blades in defense.

"We both know that isn't true." Vader said, as he blew an overhead strike.

Ahsoka parried his attack and somersaulted forward, landing behind Vader. Then she gasped. "You've looking for him, aren't you?" She asked. "You're looking for Obi-Wan." She parried another attack. "And you're using me to get to him."

Vader's yellow eye glinted, as if to let her know that she had guessed it right.

Ahsoka scorned. "Well, that's unfortunate, because I don't know where he is." She bluffed.

Technically, that wasn't a lie. Of course, she knew where Obi-Wan was, but Vader can't know that. Obi-Wan's on Tatooine watching over his son, Luke. But she didn't know where in Tatooine. That dust ball of a planet had a lot of cities, and he could be in any one of them.

"Enough of this!" Vader yelled, striking his lightsaber, cutting off Ahsoka's left hand, she screamed in pain as she dropped her long-hilted lightsaber. In return, she managed to slash at his right thigh.