Chapter 5: Flashbacks

Kanan found Ahsoka on the roof deck of the base, staring indistinctly at the setting sun. She had her arms crossed and seemed to be in very deep thought.

"I thought I'd find you here." Kanan said.

Ahsoka whirled, it seems that, she didn't notice him until he said something. "Oh, hey." She said, fixing her eyes back on the horizon.

Kanan stood beside her. "So, what's going on between you and the senator?" He asked.

As he expected, Ahsoka turned to him and gave a deathly glare.

Kanan held his hands up in surrender. "I'm not judging, but when I lost my eyesight. I had to rely on the Force to keep up with the people and everything else going around me." He explained. "But it also made me see things, that weren't quite clear to the naked eye."

Ahsoka raised an eye marking at him. "What in the universe are you talking about?" She asked.

"You were that Jedi, weren't you?" Kanan guessed. "The one...he fell in love with?" He wiggled his eyebrows at her.

Ahsoka raised her eye marking higher. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, come on, Ahsoka," Kanan persisted. "We both know that's not true. You know what I'm talking about."

Ahsoka looked away and sighed. "It's complicated, okay?" She said. "I was young then. I came very, very close to breaking the code. Fortunately, I was able to control myself."

"What happened?" He asked.

. . .

Ahsoka stared at Kanan. He looked well for someone who had just gone through a transplant medical procedure. The lightsaber wound on his nose bridge was still visible, but is slowly healing. And his eyes, once teal, now gray, regarded her with concern.

She realized he was just trying to be a good friend. After all, she and Kanan had a lot in common. Like her, he was a Jedi padawan during the Clone Wars. Like her, he was able to witness how the clones turned against the Jedi. Like her, he was a survivor.

But truthfully, Ahsoka wasn't ready to discuss this. She was still conflicted with the fact that the Sith Lord was her former master, Anakin Skywalker, and had literally cut her hand off. Another thing, Lux had suddenly showed up after sixteen years. Ugh, she wasn't sure what to feel right now. But she sighed and ended up telling Kanan her whole history with Lux.

Ahsoka started when she'd met Lux in Raxus. She explained how she accompanied a Republic senator behind the enemy lines and how she met Lux, who had been a Separatist senator's son. It was also the first time she was able to view the war on the opponent's perspective. She also explained the second time they met, when he sabotaged a peace sanction meeting between the Separatist and the Republic. And how he had dragged her to Carlacc and ended up in the Death Watch camp. Given the Death Watch's history with the Jedi, she had to mask her identity as a Jedi and had to pretend to be his girlfriend for the time being, and had to kiss her for them to buy it.

Kanan's eyes widened, but he never said a word. He gestured to for her to keep going.

Ahsoka continued, this time it was when he seek the Jedi to help them with their struggle against the Separatists. She and her master, together with Master Kenobi and Rex, were deployed to Onderon to train the Rebels on how to hold out on their own against the Separatist army. Eventually, Master Kenobi, Master Skywalker and Rex had to return to Coruscant, while she had to stay behind and serve as the Rebels' advisor and much to her dismay, the senator's bodyguard.