The Last Part

This is extremely short. I really hope you've loved reading this book, bc Ive had fun writing it.

We arrived back at camp. I looked at all of my new friends that I had come to love. Leo and Calypso looked about to cry. It was me who spoke first. "I'm really gonna miss you guys."

Tears finally broke free from our eyes. I hugged Calypso, Leo, and then Alya, Nino, Percy, Annabeth, and last but not least, Adrien. Adrien and I hugged much longer than all of the others. I breathed in his scent.

Even though I would most likely see all of these people very often, it felt like I was leaving them behind. A rope ladder was tossed over the edge of the ship. Nino went first, precariously balanced on his hooves.

When the six of us made it down, we waved at the Argo II, even when it was far off in the horizon. I smiled sadly. Goodbye adventures, for a while at least. Percy spoke. "So are you guys going to stay here in camp for the year or go back?" He asked.

Adrien and I didn't hesitate. "We're staying." We both said.

We turned around toward camp, towards home. I saw a glimpse in the corner of my eye, of a smallish woman smiling broadly with hair as black as night and eyes as green as clovers, but she disappeared as soon as I turned to fully face her.

I shrugged and Adrien and I, hands intertwined, kept moving.

And we didn't turn back.