Chapter 6: Nico And The Past

London, UK 3 years later…

“Hello, Mom. What time are you off from work?”

“Hey baby, mommy’s shift is till three in the morning. How’s your day honey?”

“Great Mom! Tito Nico played with me after picking me up from school. We’re going out for dinner. It would be great if you’d join us,”

“You know I can’t, son. Mom still has to save the world,”

“I know Mom. That’s why you are the best Mom in the world!”

“I love you baby,”

“I love you too, sweetie,” ibang boses na ang kanyang narinig. Hindi na sa anak nito kung hindi kay Nico.

“Nicolo Salvo Cervantes stop making fun of me,” saka rin ito tumawa.

“Mom, isn’t it great? There’s two of us loving you,” agaw ng anak sa pag-uusap.

“I know, baby,”

“See Tito? Mom loves it when you love her,”

“I know how your Mom feels, buddy,” sabat pa ni Nico sa linya sabay bungisngis. “Well, Bella, it’s eight and it’s late, we’re going out for dinner. Iuuwi ko s’ya by nine. Just do your heroine responsibility Wonder Woman,”

“I really owe you a lot Nicolo,”

“All I want is a date in return, Bella,”

“How could I ever say no to my new nanny?” she laughed whole heartedly.

“Very funny,” sarkastikong sagot nito. “So you’re telling me that this fine-looking gentleman who flew from Madrid to London – a nanny? Oh come on, Bella, sa gwapo kong to?”

Tawa lamang ang sagot nito. “Bye na muna, Nix. My coffee break is over. Take care of Yñigo,” bilin pa nito.

“Sure. Ikaw pa, hirap ka yatang hindian. Ingat ka jan,” maalalang tugon nito.

“You too, drive safely. Bye,” saka binaba ang telepono.

Nico is her childhood friend and been the reason why she was sent to US ten years ago. They meet again on Casablanca, Morocco three years ago during the WHO Congress. Isa si Arabella sa mga nurses na nag-volunteer sa Give Love for Africa upang manggamot at magturo ng health and hygiene sa mga taga doon. Kakadating lang ni Nico sa Casablanca after checking their winery in Madeira Island. Di nila inaasahan ang kanilang pagkikita after seven years. The Cervantes and the Monteverdi crossed path once again, and Nico never let the chance slip away. She was his childhood sweetheart. She was all he ever dreamed to be with – his sweet Arabella Dalja Monteverdi who opened his heart to love once again. Maybe he’s just eighteen and she’s a charming little schoolgirl at thirteen but he fell in love with her boyish mind-set and adventurous persona. Pero dahil sa alitan ng dalawang pamilya, pati ang kanilang pagkakaibigan ay naapektohan. But they never knew that their friendship had evolved into something magical. Kahit pa pinaglayo, after the meeting something sparked between them.