Chapter 7

Aurora

The three weirdos and I spent the whole of yesterday just goofing around and eating pancakes. I think we knew somehow that this would probably be the last time either of us get to actually be happy and fool around like this, I didn't want to think about this this way, but I knew what was at stake. It was our lives. The inevitable war that was to come against Giselle and Chris could be the be all or the end all of everyone. 
And I think right now, we relied heavily on me regaining my visions. Because this town and it's folks were trapped here, this meant they didn't have any powers, no ghostly powers no nothing. Except of course the whole white eye thing when they were angry, speed, and invincibility, but apart from that. Giselle had pretty much stripped everyone off of any powers they might have had.
Therefore that meant we had to fight against Chris and Giselle using weapons- or something. Man we were doomed. I didn't even know how to fight, i'd never fought with anyone at school. Maybe argued, but not flat out fought. I was liked back home and in school.
There was no chance we were gonna win this, not even slightly. But Giselle wasn't as strong as she used to be, she was frail and weak and her powers had been reduced, for some reason. I remember vaguely a conversation I overheard between my parents, they were discussing how she wasn't too happy with the news of my birth.
Which I found quite strange, which granma wasn't happy about having a grandchild?

-"what are you thinking about." Liza nudged me in the shoulder. We were now going over the insides of the house and what might be hidden inside that could've contributed to my visions going awol - the boys were sniffing out and around the house.

I wasn't going to tell her what I truly was thinking about, but since we were pretty much in this together and honesty was the best policy, I decided to voice out my thoughts.
"I dunno, just about how strange my family really is. Like on the outside we were always so normal. But closely observed, one could see the cracks, but I guess because i was so close to the root
It feels as if I just needed to step back a bit and see things from a different perspective, and now that I do see things clearly, it scares me Liza
We are fighting a war i'm not even sure we're gonna win. We have no weapons, no magical powers. I don't want to be the derby downer but
We're losing this. We're gonna lose this."

Elizabeth didn't say anything for close to five minutes, I could see her eyebrows frown in thought as she probably absorbed what I was telling her. She was probably thinking about us getting our asses whipped.
-"well since Giselle is master at magic, we need to magic proof ourselves, and I have a perfect idea on how we can do that."

Liza's grin was contagious, so obviously I grinned too.
" oh and Giselle isn't a master at magic. For some reason her powers reduced a lot years ago, now she can't do much. Just all those abracadabra bitsies."
Liza's eyes widened in realization as something hit her
"So if we get magic proofed, and we get Chris out of the way, we pretty much can get to Giselle, considering she's not that strong anymore
Omg the boys need to hear about this!!"

She was squealing with excitement, at least we had something to hold on to now, hell we had A LOT to hold on to now!
Toby and Ellis came in while Liza and I were doing a victory dance to Taylor swift's Shake It Off, I'm not much of a fan but hey, when a song is good it's good.

-"is this why we were sent outside? To do all the work while you two danced away."
I was expecting to see grumpy Ellis as we turned off the radio but instead he was smiling. Gosh he was amazing when he smiled.
-"no doofus, Aurora and I might or might not have come up with a kick ass plan to save our asses"
Our jaws must have been on the floor because Liza just shrugged and made her way to the kitchen.
-"okay, Aurora what have you done? When did Liza learn to speak like that? "
"Toby dude, if i said I knew i'd be lying to you. I have no idea where that came from."