°My Favorite Phantom Pt. 1°

Recommended Song(s) For This Imagine:

The Ghosts of Beverley Drive - Death Cab For Cutie

He started showing up when you were ten, and moved into an old house two states away just days before Halloween. You had no friends to go trick-or-treating with now, so you stayed in your room, still upset at your parents for making you move. At precisely 6:33, a chilly wind blew through your room. You snuggled further into your jacket as you continued to read your book.

When you looked up from it again, a man was standing by your doorway and seemed just as terrified of you as you were of him.

"What are you doing in my room?" You yelled loudly, searching for something to use as a weapon.

"I'm sorry! I didn't realize someone had moved in!" He apologized. "Please, don't be afraid! My name is Mark, I used to live here. This used to be my room."

You were still tense as he took careful steps around the room. "What's your name?"

You were still suspicious of the strange man. "Are you going to hurt me? Because I will yell for my dad!"

"No, of course not. I just like to come by and look around sometimes, sorry for bothering you." He seemed as if he was going towards the window to exit, which is how he must have gotten in.

"Wait." You stopped him, remembering your loneliness. "My name is Y/N."

"Cool book you've got there, Y/N. I don't think I've read it. What's it about?"

"Oh it's Harry Potter! He's a wizard!" You held up The Sorcerer's Stone as you explained the plot.

Mark left sometime while you were asleep, seeing as your bedtime then was 8:30. In the morning, you rushed downstairs to tell your parents about your new friend. They clearly believed that your new friend with pink hair was a figment of your imagination. Since you'd never seen Mark since then, you figured they were right.

Then on Halloween the next year, you were gearing up to go trick-or-treating with some kids from school, when a cold breeze flew through your room. It felt eerily familiar. Turning around in your costume, you nearly dropped your candy bag.

"Mark!" Your eyes were wide.

"Hey, Y/N!" He greeted you with a grin, as if he had just seen you yesterday.

"I haven't seen you in a year!"

"I'm so sorry about that, I'm only allowed to visit on Halloween."

"Why's that?"

He ran a hand through his hair. "Would you believe me if I said I'm a ghost?"

"Maybe. If you proved it! Levitate something!"

Holding his hand out and gesturing, he made your pencils float through the air, then tap your head as if they were drumsticks and you were a drum. You giggled, swatting at the pencils. "Okay! That's cool!"

Suddenly, you had an idea. "You should come trick-or-treating with me! It'd be so much fun!"

He met your enthusiasm with a solemn frown down at his shoes. "I wish I could, but I can't leave this room."

"Oh." You were a bit disappointed, then had another idea. "I'll stay here with you!"

"But what about your friends?"

"They're not my friends. My mom is making me go trick-or-treating with them. I don't like them at all. But I like you! You're nice!"

Mark chuckled. "Thanks, I like you too!"

"Stay here, I'll be right back!" You dashed to your parents room, feigning coughing and hacking.

"Y/N, sweetie, are you okay?" Your mom bent down, placing a hand on your forehead.

"No, I feel awful." You moaned, burying your face in her arms.

"Oh honey, maybe you should stay home tonight. I'll call the kids' moms and tell them you can't go."

"Fine." You faked disappointment, heading back to your room.

Back in your bedroom, Mark was where you had left him, standing awkwardly in the corner of your room. "Hey, you wanna hear about the next Harry Potter book?"

"Sure!" He walked over to you as you rifled through your bookshelf for Chamber of Secrets.