Chapter Six: Sharing

I was a drunk. Again. Two days in a row I've be down at that deck party, I don't know why. I didn't care why, I just needed it. I was relying on it now. I was never the drinker, but somehow in these cases, I developed the trait. I was stressed.

"Come on, Alex. Let's go." Justin was trying to pull me up the stairs, he looked quite good in his cap, and genuinely looked happy. I don't know why, all I know is he deserves it. Justin deserves everything, happiness, wealthy, love, he's a good guy and I'm glad to call him my best friend.

"Justin. Can you walk me to the deck? I just need some time." As instructed he walked me to the deck, I just wanted to think. I wanted to have fun on the boat while it lasted, before me and Justin would be hopelessly lost in New York. I think I have about 100 dollars to my name. That's it. That wouldn't get us very far.

"Justin? We didn't think this through. What are we going to do when we get off this boat?" We didn't know anyone in New York, nobody knew us. We're screwed. I was on God's good humour- but what if that's not enough?

"Alex, I don't know. You're my best friend, I won't leave you, I love you." I gave him a hug, he was always so sweet to me. The thing about Justin is that he's fairly rich. Not majorly, but kinda of. His father owns quite a few restaurants, and bars that are successful. I wouldn't ever accept money off him, and I never will. I'll promise you that, entirely.

"Justin, you should go. I'll meet you back at the cabin." I was still quite buzzed and I just wanted to think. I like being alone with my thoughts,- not really. I just need space? It feels like the world is crushing me.

I was kinda always alone- excluding Justin. I was always with him. Always, I could never get rid of him and quite frankly I didn't want to.

"I'll meet you up there." I heard him walk away, as his boots hit the deck. It was cold out here- not that I cared. There weren't many people out here. I lit up a cigarette that I got during my pocker game, maybe. I don't know if I won it or stole it. Either way, this was a jackpot. Even if it was only one. I have to kick these habits, it's an expensive one.

"You shouldn't be smoking." I felt a shadow cast behind me, I was honestly about to punch them in the face, it frightened me so much. I'm still trying to collect myself together and make my heart not pound so much, it's like it's trying to take a stroll out of my body.

"Without sharing." I knew her voice. How could I miss it. I'd spent years- it's only been a hours away from her, I missed her and I didn't know why. I never had real friends- Justin was that exception. He was the only exception.

"Oh. It's my last one."  I took a drag of it and blew the smoke out of my mouth. Demi came over to me, took it out of my hand and put it up to her lips. I guess that wouldn't stop her. I couldn't help but admire her beauty. My eyes wouldn't stop staring at her perfect red lips.

"Why didn't you come to dinner?" You see I skipped the dinner Demi's family invited me to. I didn't want to go. I didn't fit in, and I didn't want to be among such snobs.

"Demetria. I don't belong with people of your status." It came out rude, didn't it? I didn't care- I never do, and that's my problem.

"I wanted you there." Oh right she wanted me there? I bet you she didn't. I stayed silent. I didn't know what to say. I just didn't have the words.

"I was counting on you being there, do you think I want to listen to Wilmer talk about politics because I don't. I wanted to talk with you, about you and just you." I was taken back by this. I thought she didn't like me much, I thought she wouldn't notice if I didn't go.