Part 1 - Chapter 2

Suddenly Angel said, ”Ivy could you see if I have anything in my eye please.” So I turned arowned to look and as I studied her eyes they turned blood red and immediately I was in a trance. I tried to pull away but it was peaceful so I just gave up. Then came the pain. I couldn’t ignore it, because it was like fire was screaming up and down my body, burning my bones and blackening my skin. But as I tried to look down to see why I was on fire I realised something, the fire was on the inside. My skin was perfectly fine. It puzzled me for a moment but then I got pulled away from my thoughts as an even worse pain started. Ice. At first it numbed my body, but then it spread to my bones so that I could barely move until finally it stopped. Everything stopped. The pain was gone all my thoughts were gone but most importantly, my heartbeat was gone! My heart had stopped beating.

I rose and asked Angel, 

“What have you done to me?” 

Angel replied without hesitation,

“I’ve turned you into one of us.  We are the dark angels.  You serve me until you are no longer needed.”

I felt weird. It was like my brain had been transplanted into a different body. I couldn’t really work out how to move. I was so confused with everything. One second I was examining her eye, the next I felt like a lava pit, frozen in an ice-cube. 

Suddenly a tall, blonde haired girl came out.  She had charcoal black highlights in the exact same places that Angel had hers.  Angel said,

“This is Sabriel, my lieutenant.  She is second in command around here.”

“Hi,” said Sabriel, “You’re Ivy, right?”

“Yeah,” I replied, still stunned.  I looked myself over in the long, black framed mirror next to me.

I was different.  My hair was now long and straight with red highlights like Angel’s.  My figure was different too, I was tall and lean and very very thin, almost stick like if it weren’t for the fact that – even though I say so myself – I was stunningly beautiful.

“Well,” Angel said, “You will need to be taught the ways of dark angels.  The basics are that we can fly but you have to summon your dark wings to be able to do that.  The second thing is that we feed off misery.  And the third is that we can never interact with humans no matter what.”