NE 26 ♥ Loss

OMG OMG OMG! THANK YOU ALL FOR LETTING THIS STORY REACH 32K READSS! I LOVE YOU GUYS! YOU'RE THE REASON FOR NEKO ERZA TO LIVE ON! 

Disclaimer: Fairy Tail belongs to Hiro Mashima.

- - - - -

Chapter 26 - Loss

"Oh Erza, why don't you help Gray with the ice?" Mira asked. 

She nodded and headed towards the path he went. A sudden feeling of fluttering butterflies took over in her stomach. It's going to be just the two of them again. Alone. The warmth of the air to the sand weren't uncomfortable to her. The waves were calmer than usual. 

This time, it felt different.

A long exhale came out from Erza's mouth. Maybe it's time for Gray to know. She looked down at her feet for a second and looked back up. She stopped her tracks. She stood there, eyes wide. The fluttering in her stomach disappeared. Her feet felt like it was sinking in the sand. Roaring of waves echoed in her ears. 

Gray.

He's with Juvia. He's not alone. 

Suddenly, her chest ached as each second passed, watching neither pulling away from the kiss. Why? She shouldn't be feeling this. She should've seen this coming. But why didn't she stop right there and then? Erza pursed her lips, forcing back the tears. 

How could she have been so stupid? So ignorant?

He loves Juvia. Not her. 

Erza knows that all this time she spent with Gray. Yet, it didn't stop her. Maybe living under the same roof with him might change his mind. Maybe pouring all her love into that one kiss when they met might give him a second thought. 

Maybe.

Seeing the two pull away, she slowly took a step back. That was enough for her to understand now. With breath held in, she ran back. 

* * *

That memory kept rewinding in the mind of the scarlet-haired maiden. Was she the reason why they shared a kiss? Should she stop bothering him with her idiotic shenanigans? It's for the best. After all, he's happy. Gray's happy. 

Gray can be Juvia's armor, not hers anymore. He can protect the one he loves to live longer. To have someone by your side always. 

"Thank you." a voice interrupted her thoughts.

Erza lifted her head to see a concerned Hibiki. "Everything okay?"

Yes, she's with Hibiki after leaving Gray behind. Bits of the up close incident with the ice mage played in her head. A blush spread across her cheeks as she nodded. The orange-haired man smiled, seeing her embarrassed right infront of him. Everything fell into place. This is the chance to finally take her. 

The different hues of orange slowly wandered the sky as they walked along the shore. They hear nothing, but the breeze and waves. "Again, thank you for being with me today. I really appreciate it." he said, before turning his head to Erza behind him. She was looking down again with a sad look on her face. He halted. Titania noticed and did the same. 

"Tired?" he asked.

She gave him a small smile. "Yeah, a little."

Hibiki took her hand, leading her to the nearest palm trees. Erza sensed something else from him. He's more gentle and amiable. They sat down on the sand, viewing the lazily descending horizon. There was silence between the two.