Chapter 6

Elihu

Dear Diary,

The flight to Australia took forever! Kale told me that I was to get my baggage and go to my hotel first. I went around the airport searching for the baggage claim from my plane and once I had everything, I went to get a taxi.

"Where to, sir?"

I searches my pockets for a piece of paper. My pockets were filled with trash that I stuffed into my pockets. After a few minutes of searching, I got the paper that I needed and I handed it to the driver.

"Here is the address"

He helped me put my bags and other stuff in the trunk. We got in the car and the driver began to drive. As he drove through the busy city streets, it reminded me of what New York would look like. There were loud honks and shouting all over the place. There were tall skyscrapers that looked as though they never ended. Many people were walking along the streets, entering and exiting the shops along the streets.

Once I had taken in my new surroundings, I took a moment to text Tree.

Elihu: Hey Tree! Just landed in Australia!

Tree: That's great! It's so boring here without you 😣

Elihu: I'm sorry. I wish I could give you company, but I gotta be here.

Tree: It's alright. Oh no! Someone's in your driveway! HELP!!!!

Elihu: Why would anyone be at my house? There's nothing interesting there...not even money cuz I brought that with me 😕

Tree: No need to freak. It's Kale....and he's coming towards me.

Elihu: He probably has some information for you. Let me go now so you can chat with him.

"We're here, sir!"

I took a moment to take in my surroundings.

The Hilton hotel was so fancy. I hadn't realized that Kale booked such a fancy hotel room for me. Thank goodness for those cleaning ladies. Let's just say I'm not the neatest person in the world.

I thanked the taxi driver and payed him the money that he asked. I took my bags up to the entrance and was met by two bellboys. The one on the right spoke up.

"Can I take those bags to your room?"

"Um...sure!"

I handed him my bags and went inside. I didn't have any confirmation papers of my stay, so I called Kale.

"Hello. Who is it?"

"Hi Kale, it Elihu. How do I go about getting into my hotel room?"

"Ah, Elihu, well hello to you too. Just tell them your name and you should be able to get in. I booked your room in your name."

"Ok, thanks!"

I put the phone away and went to the receptionist.

"How can I help you sir?"

"I'm here to check in. My name is Elihu Smith."

"Alright, here are your keycards."

She took a moment to scan the cards and put it in a pouch. She wrote something on the pouch and handed it to me, along with a booklet.

"This is the key to your room. I've written the room number on your card. Hope you enjoy your stay!"

Then the bellboy, who was supposed to have gone to my room, spoke up.

"What room, sir?"

"Um...364"

He and I got onto the elevator. When we got to my room, he dropped off my luggage and left.