ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ TᗯO

My alarm had been going off for about eight minutes before I could finally be bothered to get out of bed. I looked, at my phone and saw that I have a message from an unknown number. All it said was "I know who you are."

There was no name and I didn't recognise the number. Did this mean they know I'm Ladybug? Or was it a wrong number? I don't know and it terrified me! Looking at the lock screen of my new phone, I watched the screen automatically switch itself off, to save a little power. I couldn't take my eyes off of it, and saw my reflection in the black, powerless phone. Powerless. That was how I felt, and the expression on my face made sure that I did.

I felt a small presence by my shoulder, tilting my head slightly I see the tiny red form of my adorable little Kwami, Tikki. "What's wrong Marinette?" Hey tiny voice squeaked. As I opened my mouth to reply to her, I discovered that I had no control over my voice, and said nothing. I tried to speak again but failed once more.

"Marinette?" Tikki asked again. Defeated by my final attempt of speech, I held up the phone for her to read. "This is what I mean Mari, people WILL see you!" She said, "It's getting harder for me to keep you as Ladybug everyday, you need to take a Break".

To this my neck instantly snapped up. Finding my voice again, I managed to say, "But Tikki I can't, Chat Noir can't protect Paris by himself. He can't even de-evilize the Akumas!" The horror from her comment was evident in my voice. She looked at me and shook her head.

"No Marinette, that's not quite what I meant. You can still use your powers as ladybug, but you must only use them when necessary, and you must use them wisely!" She was deadly serious. It was strange, I'd never seen her like this before.

We were cut off by my mother when she yelled from downstairs, "Marinette your going to be late for school!"

✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺

Running as fast as my legs could carry me, I slammed my way through the door into me literature class. But as I did my leg got caught on Nino's bag and I tripped, my books flying across the room. As I hit the ground I see one slam straight into the side of Chloe's head. Preparing for the worst I slowly stand and gather my books.

"SHE DID THAT ON PURPOSE!" Chloe yelled standing up. I look up and see her pointing one of her skinny witch fingers right at my face, her nose held high in the air as though she thought she was better than everyone else. I looked over to Miss Bustier and saw her shaking her head, "Marinette, if your going to be late, please be quiet about it". I nodded and quickly ran to my seat beside Alya before I could make more of a fool of myself.

"But Miss! She threw her books at me!" Chloe protested. To be honest Chloe and I didn't really have the best of friendships, in fact, she hated me. I don't know where her hatred for me stared, but she was alway trying to find a way to get me into trouble.

"Sit down Chloe, she tripped over I won't hear another word of it and please you two, get along for once," Miss Bustier said in a tired voice, clearly over all the bickering that goes on between the two of us.

"Do you know who my farther is?!" Chloe shouted out as our teacher turned around.

"CHOLE, SIT DOWN THIS INSTANT!" Miss Bustiers voice was the only thing that I was able to hear. She shouted so loudly that she drowned out the noise of the traffic outside our school building.

"I'm calling my father! This will be the last day you ever work!" Chloe said pulling out her phone. But before she could press call of her fathers contact, Miss Bustier ripped the phone right out of her hand.