Percy Jackson martial arts master! Hahaha... No

Percy's fighting skills

One of the worst flaws in my opinion. The typical story usually starts with Percy being taken in by the Avengers. Sometimes he's defeated but I've found he usually beats the Avengers. Even when he doesn't he's usually taken out by a tranquilliser from one of the more powerful members. Let's look at the facts: Natasha Romanoff and/or Natalia Alianovna Romonava (feel free to point out if I spelled that wrong) was raised as a professional assassin and trained in karate, judo, kenpo, jujutsu, ninjutsu, aikido, savate, Kung fu, boxing... Et cetera not to mention she's also a world class Olympian athlete, gymnast, acrobat... Would you like me to go on? Now to Percy, he's one of the best sword fighters in camp half blood but please bear in mind that camp half blood has children 7-18 (that is an estimate). Percy is good but do you honestly think he could beat a martial artist in hand to hand combat? I think he could take out the avengers with his powers but in close up fighting? Not a chance. Not to mention Hawkeye and Captain America are also master martial artists. Now don't think I'm hating on Percy. Percy is amazing but that doesn't mean I idealise him. I know his capabilities and I know the avengers fighting skills exceed Percy's.

Interrogation

So here's how it goes. The avengers take in Percy  because they think he's a terrorist and/or the 7 if they're not dead. They then psychoanalyse him discover he's relatively sane in a 10 minute therapy session held by Bruce (who is a doctor not a psychologist). Then TADA! We're gonna have you join the avengers! I mean in that 10 minute session we decided we're dropping all charges about you kidnapping your mother and friend at 12, possibly conspiring in the 1st degree murder of your stepfather (which is actually true), conspiring with assassins (in the Titans Curse atlas hires human mercenaries it's only logical to assume he was working with them), kidnapping a young girl (how were they supposed to know Rachel Dare went willingly?), and  much more. In the series you don't stop and think to see what the mortals are seeing through the mist. A Percy Jackson/Avenger fanfic has amazing potential for creative merit in those areas but sadly most people tend to completely glass over it. Anyway they think he's a terrorist, kidnap him, have a psychology session, diagnose him with ptsd (if the seven have died which they almost always do), have a 2 minute interrogation, decide he's telling the truth, and to put a big bow of irrationality and insanity on top! Ask him to join the avengers! Wow great plan! Now I get some people just want to get to writing an exciting part but get some originality.