Chapter Five

Lory

I couldn't believe just how quickly Monday came. Even so I was happy, I was now working and soon I will be able to get my own place for me and Samirah. I couldn't wait.

I was up even before my mother, so I got breakfast ready. I made blue berry pancakes my favorite and coffee. Sahmirah wound have the samething but with milk.

My mom woke up after I was already dressed for my first day if work. I combed my hair and caught it in a ponytail at the back of my hair and apply a bit of hair jam to keep it in place. My hair was processed so it was really straight.

I applied a bit of face make up, eye make up eye liner and mascara and my coconut flavor lip gloss. I put on my lemon green straight work dress that was a little above my knees my French coffee brow stockings and a pair of black ballet flats.

I wasn't a big fan of heels but I would rock it so well. My ears was pierced but I've decide not to wear ant earnings on my first day just in case I wasn't allowed. 

I kissed my mom and Samirah before I left the house. Even though I felt as if someone had dropped a brick in my Pounding heart because I have to leave my baby girl, I know I had to tuff it out for the both of us.

I waited on my bus at the stop. It has been a while since I've been out and about, to be honest I dont remember what its like not having Samirah around.

My bus approaches, with a heavy heart I got on and made my way to the back of the bus. There was already someone at the back of the bus. But he wasn't a bother. He looked as if he wasn't apart of the world to notice me. So I was saved from making pointless small talks with strangers in the bus.

I sat at the far end from him just in case. I kept thinking about Samirah and what she must be doing if she was crying, if she missed me. Because I missed her like crazy.

Sigh

Sam wasn't apart of our lives any more. He said he wanted nothing to do with us. And I have accepted it. I didn't hate him I was hurt and angry. And I would never love again.

I mentally shook him out of my head, that's when I realize that I was being watched. I could see his image  though the bus window, he doesn't realize that I could see him.

His hair was black and long, it was caught in a ponytail at the back of his head. He had piercing green eyes that looked so distant, so hurt and angry. They look familiar to mine. His nose was straight and small, his lips full and pink, he has high cheek bones and bronze completion.

He was wearing a white shirt a black work jacket and a pair of dark blue jeans. He was very handsome, very attractive.

I bit my lips and closed my eyes. I could think straight, he was clouding my mind. He looked like trouble. He was trouble all men were. But he fave me the chills sending butterflies in my belly and left my heart flattering.

My cell phone ring taking me out if my thoughts. I looked at the caller ID. It was my mom.

'Hey mom' I answered, I started to worry, what's wrong with Samirah? Was she hurt? 'Is- is everything OK?'

'Yes. Just letting you know you have forgotten your lunch'

A sigh of relief escaped from me. At that point I didn't care about lunch as long as Samirah was OK.

'Oh I didn't realize'

'What are you going to eat?'

'I am ok mom'

'OK. Later'

'Bye'

I replace my phone back in my bag, I looked through the window and saw him looking at me through the corner of his eyes. I smiled to myself.

I then realize I was getting close to my stop. I press the buzzer and stood up. I looked at him then and smile at him letting him know I was aware of him looking at me. Then I walked up to the front and made my way off the bus.