Chapter Six

Lory

The building was huge and tall. And even so it was one of my dream, to be working with the designers as myself. I was so excited to be here... Finally.

As I approach the receptionist desk she smiled at me warmly.

'Hi my name is Wendy how may I help you?'

'Hi my name is Lory Downswell, I was called-'

'Oh hi miss Downswell, Mr. Maze will be with you in a minute please to have a seat'

She pointed to the couches and I sat on a middle white fluffy couch which almost felt like a bed. This place was so beautiful it look like I had walked inside of a magazine.

I occupied myself with one of the magazines on the table next to the couch that I was seated in while waiting in my boss arrival.
I began to wonder if Mr Maze designed the entire building himself or did he used one of his employees to do it. If so they had done a great job, if it was him whom have done it himself then he was fantastic.

'Ms Downswell, Mr Maze has arrived. You can now go to his office which is on the 16th floor. His office is the only one there.' Wendy informed me.

I thanked her and made my way to the elevator. I called the elevator to me and waited for its arrival.

I was so nervous my hands started sweating. The elevator finally arrived and I went inside. I pressed the button that could take me up to the 16th floor.

The ride up there seemed ling but it really wasn't. The elevator dings marking my stop. I climbed off the elevator and stood outside of my new boss's office.

I wiped my hands on the side of my dress, then knocked on the door to his office.

'Come in' he said.

His voice was so deep and sterned. But still I didn't let it faze me one bit. I took a deep breath and walked into the office.

We both looked at each other and I couldn't help it but to smile and shake my head.
I cleared my throat and took a seat.

'Nice to meet you again ms Downswell'
'Thank you sir. Sane here'

He node then looked at a open file he had Laid out on his desk. He then looked up at me and spoke, 'I want you to look through these files and let me know which to assist first and which to push back for a later date'

I eagerly got to work. I couldn't stop smiling, the mam I met on the bus, the very one that couldn't keep his eyes off of me is my boss. Can this word get any smaller?!