Just Me

It was a beautiful day.The birds chirped.The wind whistled through the sea of grass.The sun threw its golden rays down on the field where all the dragons played.All except me.I sat in the shade of the great oak tree.I Heard a snap behind me.Without looking back I said"come on out spirl".
"Aww,you got me again.How?"Spirl asked.
"I honestly don't know" I replied.
Spirl is the only dragon juvenile to come near me.Every one else saw me as a freak,for i am missing one toe on each front paw and i have a whole toe on each wing where others just have a small extra talon.The moved toe comes in handy when climbing but not so much when making friends.
"Thanks"i mumbled.
"For what?"Spirl said as she cocked het head.
"For being a friend,"I answered.I looked up at the sky."Come on lets join the others,"I advised,"Its almost lunch time".Then we flew off.After lunch we all found sunny rocks or patches of short grass to sleep in.The sun helps our scales become brighter.I was the last one to go to sleep.
----------------------------------------------
   I was in a dark room,there was a shadow in with me.Then i saw her,my mother."Charlene..lene..lene"her voice echoed.Then the shadow jumped and tackled her."Run!she yelled.But i was frozen with fear.Once the shadow engulfed my mother,it turned and launched at me.

I woke with a start,almost hitting the dragon next to me.I apologize,then he mutters something about kids these days. The sun was shining.It was quiet other than the breeze and the sound of the snoring dragons.
'Since i cant sleep and I'm no use here,ill check the edge of the territory.'I thought.I took a few steps away from the sleeping dragons then I took off.