The Truth Comes Out

Carlos' P.O.V.

"Hi," greet ko.

"HI!? ANONG HI!? HAVE YOU GUYS LOST YOUR MINDS!? YOU'VE BURNT HALF OF THE KITCHEN!" sigaw ni mom.

"It's not his fault, mom. He was just trying a new attack for his powers," pagtatangol ni Mikey.

"NEW ATTACK!? I SPECIFICALLY TOLD YOU, MIKEY, TO TEACH HIM TO CONTROL IT! NOT TEACH HIM NEW ATTACKS!" scolded mom.

"HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT THAT HE WOULD STILL NEED TO BRING A BOW WHEREVER HE GOES JUST TO BE ABLE TO SHOOT A FIRE ARROW?" she continued.

"Mom, he can use his powers to save people and protect himself!" shouted Mikey.

"SAVE PEOPLE!? IN THIS WORLD, EVERYONE IS ALL FOR THEMSELVES! HE CANNOT JUST WALTZ IN AN ALLEY AND BURN SOMEONE ALIVE BECAUSE HE WANTED TO 'SAVE' PEOPLE!" mom scolded.

They went on shouting at each other for what felt like forever. I had to stand up for myself. I can't let brother take all the blame for everything that I did.

"Quiet, all of you!" I shouted. The room was in silence.

"I didn't ask for this, I was born with it. But somehow, I felt special. I don't know if this was a mutation or anything like that, but I like it. It makes me feel normal. It makes me feel who I really am. Sometimes, while practicing, I wonder if I may even be your real son," I explained.

"I-I.....J-just clean up this mess...." was all mom said after that.

Mikey and I looked at each other. Mom's acting weird. She's hiding something and I need to find out what.

As we finished cleaning up the kitchen we decided to talk to mom about why she's acting weird. We found her in her and dad's room talking on the phone. We peeked through the crack on the door and listened.

"Yes, Rony. He's become self-aware. We need to tell them everything. We can't keep this secret forever," she whispered.

We quickly ran back to the living room and sat on the sofa. Mikey and I looked at each other again. I looked at him rather coyly. Suddenly, mom came in and sat on the couch ahead of us. She breathed in heavily.

"I'm sorry your dad couldn't be here to talk with us, but you really need to know the truth," she started.

"What 'truth' are you talking about mom?" I asked.

I was really scared of what mom would say but I'm already thinking about what happened earlier...about me not being a real son.

"The truth is, you're not really our sons. Mikey, we found you in our doorstep 15 years ago, one night when it was raining. Nakabalot ka ng blue na lampin. Hindi namin alam kung sino ang nag-iwan sa'yo. We didn't know what else to do so we decided to keep and raise you instead," she said as she stood up to hold Mikey's hand.

"I'm what?" said Mikey. He clenched his fists and tears started to flow from his eyes. This is the first time that I saw him cry.

"What about me, mom?" I asked curiously.

"Carlos, we found you also in our doorstep but 3 days later. Nakabalot ka ng red na lampin. Likewise, we decided to keep you also. From those days, we raised you both as our sons." she started to cry.

At that moment, my world came crashing down. I came to realize that the life I was lead to believe was a lie. At that moment, I didn't know what to do until I felt something.......

"ANG LAMIG!" sigaw ko.

Bigla akong napatingin sa direction Mikey. Ice is coming from his hands! He's freezing the sofa! He's just sitting there - while looking down.

"MIKEY! MIKEY! WHAT'S HAPPENING TO YOU!? YOU GOTTA STOP!" sigaw ko.

I tried to melt the ice na nakabalot sa sofa using my powers. Suddenly, gumalaw si Mikey. He looked at me then towards mom with a sharp look. He stood up with a straight stance then spoke.

"Why? Why didn't you tell us sooner? All those times that I was having trouble sa CR. Takot na takot ako kasi may ice na lumalabas sa kamay ko. I can't do anything to help myself because I thought that you would hate me if you found out. But all this time we're not even your sons? We're not even bro--" he paused and then looked at me with anger.

He then shot a large amount of frost towards mom's direction. Mom ducked and shrieked.

"MIKEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" I shouted.

I looked into his eyes and they were frozen with anger. I've never seen him like this before. As I moved my eyes, I could see that half of the living room was already frozen.

"Mom! Run into yours and dad's room! Now! I'll handle this!" I shouted to mom. She quickly ran towards the room as she had just experienced something horrendous.

"Mikey, please stop! You're not like this! Not ever!" I tried to reason with him.

He then gave me a frozen glare. Napaatras ako. Hindi ko na alam ang gagawin ko at that moment except....

"MIKEY! STOOOOOOOOOP!" I said as I shot a flamethrower attack towards him.

It seems that he couldn't take the heat he surrounded himself with a blanket of ice and he shot multiple frost balls towards my direction. Suddenly, he collapsed. He fell to the ground and all the ice surrounding him melted and disappeared. I ran towards him and shook him to wake him up.

I suddenly dropped to the ground and everything went black.

• • •

Michaelangelo's P.O.V.

I woke up in my room -- full of ice. I had no memory of what happened. Everything was a blur. All I remember is that I was so mad -- so upset. I must've lost control of my emotions.

I stood up and thawed all of the ice from my room. It became all normal again, for now. I look at my alarm clock and it says 7:00pm. I stood up and I heard a soft mumbling from beyond my door. I open it up and I got a perfect view of the living room from right where I'm standing. From what I see, a familiar-looking old lady was sitting in our couch and talking to our parents. I see Carlos sitting with that old woman, then he looks up in my direction and points at me.

"Mikey, please come down for a moment." my dad ordered.

As I walk slowly down the stairs, I kept thinking who that old lady was. I know I've seen here somewhere before. As I got closer to where I'm sitting, I was astonished. Tiningnan kong mabuti yung matandang babae then it hit me. Nanlaki yung mata ko ng malaman ko si....

"Grandma?" sabi ko.

• • •

PS: Hey guys, I'm sorry for not updating yesterday. Please don't hate me. Please continue reading my story. Love you all! Thanks for the support. Votes and Comments appreciated ^-^