The Turners

Everyone on the street was silent as Sarah walked up to the door of the Turners. She knocked, causing the ripple echo effect. She waited for a moment or two, then the door opened. She walked in and the door slammed shut behind her. No ever saw Sarah again.

Hello, my name is Red. Not really but it's what I'm called. Please don't ask why.

Anyways, Sarah was my best friend. I was one of those who just stood and watched silently, but now I regret that decision.

Anyways, my friend Lucis and I were over at his house, which is right across from the Turners.
(Ok, he's more than a friend to me. No. I don't like him that way just as a brother, you know?) We were sitting on his bed, more like me lying on my stomach and him sitting. We were listening to some MCR (My Chemical Romance, if you don't know this band you're dead to me)the song was Famous Last Words, my personal favorite.

I moved to my back because I wasn't comfortable on my stomach and I was staring at blues eyes. Suddenly, Lucis is on top of me and I'm trapped beneath him.

"Get off fatty." I glared at him as he smirked.

"Only if you let me," he paused. "Do this..." He leaned in close and I felt his soft lips barely touch mine. Then he began to tickle me, causing me to laugh so hard he fell off of me. Good job, Red!

Ok, ok. I know what you're thinking and yes this is important and yes I do like him. No scratch that I love him.

Back to the story.

We talked for about three more hours and then I had to head home, alone, in the dark. My house is two houses from the Turners and usually I rush past the house. But for some reason I didn't feel like running past. I actually stood on the sidewalk outside.

The house was your average one story house but it was more than that, it had cracked and the paint was wearing off the house. One shutter was falling off, the others were closed. The screen door was on the outside and had a giant whole right in the middle. The right window had a whole in it, the one without the shutter of course, and usually there was no light on.

Again that's the usual. Tonight however the light was on in the basement and the air smelled odd. I thought nothing of it and continued on my journey to my house.

When I finally got home I was so tired that all it took was for me to lay down and get comfortable for me to be able to sleep. Most nights I sleep great but not tonight, I kept waking up at each hour exactly.

At 11:00, my dog was barking so I got up and calmed him down before my parents woke up.

At 12:00, the light in the hallway was on so I got up and turned it off not wanting to wake my parents.

At 1:00, something was tapping on my window but when I looked I saw no one and nothing to cause the sound so I ignored that.

At 2:00, a door slammed shut, I thought nothing of it because some people leave to work out this early or something like that.

At 3:00, I heard noises from the kitchen. I got up and looked in the kitchen and found it a mess and red streaks were all over the walls. Again I thought nothing of it and went to sleep once more.

At 4:00, my dog was barking again and the fence was opened. So I got up again to fix it not to wake my parents, who have to leave for work by eight.

At 5:00, my bed was wet. I turned on the light and saw that all of the sheets were soaked in red. I looked at my walls and noticed more red, but this time it spelled: Go into the kitchen. I obeyed and went into the kitchen and turned on that light, reading the red; Go outside. I went outside and read the fence; Go to the Turners house and knock three times.

It was like I was in a trance and here I am standing on the porch of the Turners house. The whole neighborhood was watching. I saw my parents and my friend Lucis, all were out there standing and watching waiting for me to do something.

I turned around and began to speak,"Here I shall prove that the Turners aren't bad people and they aren't evil. Here I will survive another day and all of you will see. And if not I have a few things to say. Lucis, I love you. Mom and dad, take care of Bennett for me make sure you let him outside when you get home and he has an appointment Monday."

"Also, neighbors. You have watched me grow up, now these may or may not be my final words but if they are. Thank you for the best years of my life."

I turned around and walked towards the rusty-red door. I knocked once, the sound echoing. The second time, I heard some people burst into tears. The third and final time, the world fell quite. No one moved, nothing made a sound.

Finally after a minute, the door slowly creaked open and I walked in.
----

Willow 'Red' Johnson
Date of birth- January 13, 1998.
Date of death- May 17, 2016.
Cause-Unknown
Extra information not provided.