Chapter 16: Sick Day

A few days later...

"Sakura, Aunt Sakaki called me." Itachi stated monotonously as Kisame plopped down on Itachi's couch. "What? Babysit again? For heaven's sake, Itachi, I'm a doctor not a babysitter." Sakura said, twitching as she switched on the television. "Well Somagari-kun is sick so...." Kisame stated, slouching on the couch. "Fine. But you two are coming with me." Sakura said, giving them the evil grin. "But we dun wanna." Kisame said, giving Sakura the puppy eyes. "Puppy eyes ain't gonna work on me, fishy. Come on, we leave now." Sakura said, making the two men groan.

The three got into Kisame's car and drove towards the outskirts of the city. "Why do they have to live so far away from the city?" Kisame said groaning as the got out of the car. Itachi rang the doorbell and heard a wait a minute. A few seconds later the door swung open, revealing a woman that looks like in her late 30's.

"Thank you for coming, Itachi-kun, Sakura-chan and Kisa-chan. Please come in, Somagari has a fever and it keeps coming back for the past few days and I don't know what's happening." The woman said, stepping aside as the three went in.

"Would you like tea?" The woman asked. "No, but I would like to see your son." Sakura said, smiling. "This way, please." Sakaki said, as she lead the group upstairs. "Honey, Sakura-nee, Itachi-nii and Kisame-nii are here." Sakaki said as she opened the door of the room of her son. "Goodmorning." The boy weakly said.

Sakura walked towards the boy and checked his temperature. "How long has he been like this?" Sakura asked. "3 days." The mother stated. "Can you show Sakura-nee your tongue, sweety?" Sakura asked. The boy nodded and did as she said. "Has he been eating right?" Sakura asked as she looked at the throat of the boy.

"No, he often tells me he didn't wanna eat." Sakaki said. "The most possible cause us beacuse he's low on Iron. That's why he's been getting sick and doesn't wanna eat." Sakura stated, standing up straight. "Please take care of Soma-chan in a few hours. I have a meeting in 30 mins." Sakaki said. "Sure." Kisame said, grinning.

"Honey, be good alright? Mommy will be back soon. Sakura-nee will take good care of you." Sakaki said, making Somagari nod. With that, Sakaki left the room. "Kisame, you can cook, right?" Sakura asked, sitting beside Somagari. "Yeah." Kisame said. "I need you to cook tomato soup and chicken curry, bring rasberries too please." Salura said, with that Kisame went off with a grin on his face.

A few minutes later, Kisame came back with a tray. He handed the tray to Sakura. "I don't wanna eat." Somagari whined. "It's Touka-san's recipe." Itachi said, grinning as Somagari's eyes brightened up. Sakura smiled and settled the tray on Somagari's lap.

The food on the tray was gone in a matter of minutes. "Sakura-nee, my head hurts." Somagari said. "Sleep for a while, sweety. You need to rest." Sakura said, smiling. With that Somagari shut his eyes and fell into a deep slumber.

Sakura, Kisame and Itachi got out of the room and went to the living room. Kisame plopped down on the couch. Itachi sat beside Kisame and pulled out his book. "Tachi." Sakura suddenly called out, making Itachi turnnto look at her. Sakura laid a palm on his forehead and another on hers. "As I thought. You have a fever too." Sakura said, sighing. "Hn. I don't." He said.

Kisame turned to them and felt Itachi's head too. "So that's why you're so silent." Kisame said. "He's always silent. Just more silent than usual this time." Sakura said, going to the kitchen to grab a wet towel. "Kisame, please take Itachi to a room and lie him down." Sakura said.

Kisame nodded and forcefully carried Itachi on his back, making Itachi groan. "I don't want to go to bed." Itachi whined monotonously. "No, doctor's orders." Kisame said, laughing as he entered a room beside Somagari's. Kisame had a hard time making Itachi stay on the bed....until Sakura came.

"Tachi, I'll make dangos when you get better." She said as she laid a baisin of cold water by Itachi's bed. Itachi stopped resisting and laid his head on the pilliw comfortably. "It's scary how you can control people by words." Kisame said, twitching. "Doctor's skills." Sakura said, laughing.

To Be Continued...