Part 2 First day

Here it is, room 10.  I feel strangely nervous.  Well it is my first job here I guess.  I knock on the door and enter, trying to appear professional.  There is a young and very pleasant looking young man in the bed.  A drip is attached to his wrist and I see a heart monitor is connected and displaying his heart rate and vital signs on a screen by the side of his bed.

The young man (Harry) looks completely unscathed.    "Hello" I say, "my name is nurse Stiles and I will be keeping an eye on you".  I try hard not to let my nerves show.  Harry doesn't even appear to register that I am here and makes no response to me at all.   It's a mystery to everyone as all of the brain scans and tests that have  been done have revealed that he has no physical brain damage at all. 

Harry was found, so I have been told unconscious in his bath  from a massive overdose of Tramadol.   Fortunately for him he had left his tap running and the water had overflowed and run under the door of his ensuit bathroom and alerted his family.  On the side of the bath were two new razor blades but again fortunately he had underestimated the strength of the Tramadol and passed out before he managed to slash his wrists.  even so it appears that he had been pronounced dead in resuss and then had a sudden miraculous return to the land of the living.  However  although apparently suffering no lasting damage it did leave him inexplicably unresponsive, which I am guessing is why he is here and not taking up a bed in a proper hospital.  

I move to his bed and reach out to bathe his forehead and his eyes.  Flash!!!!!  "what the fuck!"  I felt as though I have just touched live wires and been electrocuted and I spill the water all over his bedding.  "Damn!"  

More noises, from everywhere it seems.  There is something approaching , me addressing me.  Extreme proximity and contact.  I connect on an electrical neurological level and now I understand my situation fully.   I have inhabited this beings body.  He has satellite beings that I sense but has no real communication with them.   My contact being is assigned to care for him.  I must play the part and survive for now and learn.

I have been introduced to the other staff and they seem a good bunch on the whole.  I have been given a locker for my gear and shown how to locate the tea room.    

Back outside no 10, I knock and enter.   (mental note) don't knock in future just march in with purpose.

"How are we feeling today Harry"  I am now mentally steeled to face this strange unresponsive boy.  Harry looks kind of different now, which is which is strange considering I was I was in here with him only a couple of hours ago.   He is recognising me.  I can tell by his face and body language.  He actually looks pleased.