Rant 27: Search plus thousands of similar usernames equals timecrash

I am one of those people who search myself TFALokiwriter to see how many reads I have for my various other hundred stories.

Imagine my surprise to see a large number that threw me off guard.

Apparently,  it adds any books with a user who has 'TFA','Loki', and 'Writer' in their username.

Not one user.

But many others.

Not a SPECIFIC user.

You'll be surprised how many users have 'Writer' in their username. o.o or 'write' for that matter.

DAMN IT!

That is so freaking annoying.  I mean who's idea was it to add OTHER USER RESULTS WHEN YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR ONE DAMN SPECIFIC USER? WHAT THE HELL WATTPAD? I don't like that. I liked it when I could search up my username and see how many reads my stories have. I am not happy for that.  AO3 is favorable because I get to see how many hits my stories have  (asides to being only able to leave kudos on once per story. Sometimes I want to leave two kudos because the story is that good and/or I forget that I already left kudos once) and how many kudos and words are on my stories.

Including Movellas since it shows how many reads my stories have. :)

I was momentarily confused to see a big number after searching my username. So imagine the surprised and confused look I had on my face scrolling down until it occurred to me that the search results were covering other users with similar words in their username and showed not only my stories but theirs as well.  I just generally do not like it. I challenge those to search their usernames on Wattpad and see if other results come up.  I mean I am used to this happening when searching up titles of my stories that had similar tags or titles (because they were namely cliches or just shared something like certain keywords) but my creatively picked username?

Nope.

I am not going to change it.

I have no idea what I would change it to for the time being. o.o

No idea.

Zilch.

And besides, even if I changed it then I would likely get the same occurrence happening again.

It would be illogical to change it due to my annoyance.  Logically I should ignore it and just check my reads of certain stories when they appear in my notifications whenever they pop up.  I also tend to hop around in fandoms and write inside them for a couple months.  So no can do changing my username. TFA stands for Transformers Animated. To me it represents the science fiction.   Loki is a humorous god like mischievous character. To me that represents the humor I incorporate into my stories. I am a writer.  That represents the endless seam of stories I can conjure.

Also I chose the title of this rant as   Search plus thousands of similar usernames equals timecrash for shits and giggles.

End Rant.

Vote if you feel the same way!