Rant 53: "Can she fix him?" stories

I saw these often.

AND GOOD GOD, YOU CAN'T FIX EVERYONE. NOT EVEN YOUR PARENTS. YOUR INSECTS. YOUR FOOD. YOUR LOVE INTEREST. YOU CAN'T FIX A HUMAN BEING AND WHO THEY ARE ESSENTIALLY. I REMEMBER READING A SUMMERY TO A STORY THAT WAS, WELL, PATHETIC. I HAVE TO SAY IT BECAUSE IT WAS WRITTEN THIS WAY:

"Let me fix you!" She whined.

"You can't fix me," The boy said. "No one can."

You can't fix a bad boy. You can only join him. And attempt to make his life better by attempting to bring some  sunshine into his life. And if that doesn't work, you have to go in and admit, "I can't fix you but I can be your friend." which is sweet and fluffy. When characters say, "You can't fix me." They are pretty much right. They are a person. They cannot be controlled. The only fixing that can be done is by time traveling to prevent a event that turned  them into the person they are today. If you care about them truly then you wouldn't to try fixing them. On the-show-that-ends-with-scenes-aimed-at-Grey's-gray-eyes there is a fixer in that one. But I want to think that he has opened up to her and they are getting over the bumps in the road. Which could be a healthy relationship fixer. The one who wants to make sure everyone is okay including her boyfriend. A healthy relationship. But that could be problematic if she were thrown into a war themed movie when you think about it.

Having a story rotated around the basis of fixing someone is just wrong.

It's also aggravating.

Whose idea was it to make fixer stories?

Like seriously, they are annoying.

Imagine if someone told you they wanted to fix you. What is the first thing you would think of? Being netured, likely. Horrifying, yes. Because they should love you for who you are not who you should be in their eyes. That should be a warning sign they are not for you. You can't fix someone overnight or within a year. You can't teach a dog old tricks. You see, you have to make the change in order to better yourself. Not them. If they want the perfect guy  or girl they should break up with you and go find them. They shouldn't be your problem alone to handle. That is the truth. Because if you have found the one in your life who accept YOU and love you no matter what then you don't need to be fixed. I know this is used for stories only but think realistically if it this a original novel you are creating. Do you know how cheesy that sounds? No, apparently you do not. You don't know how pathetic if sounds to hop when whining that you can fix someone. Utterly pathetic. Likely some type of fandom trash who is indulged into some pairing who wishes for their life to reflect that damn pairing. I am sorry, but I can't be happy for you if your girlfriend or boyfriend wants to fix you when you are the most awesome person in the room who is sane and quite happy who they are. Dump them, now! If you are reading this, dump them! If they are trying to fix you and you are reading this while they are away: GO DUMP THEM WHEN THEY ENTER THE HOUSE AND JUST LEAVE. BLOCK CALLS. BLOCK ANYTHING. DON'T RELY TO THEM. THAT'S NOT A GOOD RELATIONSHIP TO BE IN AT ALL.

End Rant.