☽ Chapter Three - Close Call ☾

A/N: I binged like half a season of The Vampire Diaries the other day and now feel totally inspired to update, so here you have it... Enjoy!

FYI, if you watch The Vampire Diaries most of the story will kinda follow the lines/rules of that. (Like in Twilight you can glow in the sun and don't need to sleep but in The Vampire Diaries you have bewitched vintage rings to protect and you still sleep)

 (Like in Twilight you can glow in the sun and don't need to sleep but in The Vampire Diaries you have bewitched vintage rings to protect and you still sleep)

Ay, while we're talking about vintage rings check out this piece I purchased today (just some cheap ass costume jewellery but I love it)

The brunette is still leaning against the doorframe. His arms are crossed over his chest and his glare looks intimidating, although I can see he's not deliberately trying to be. I would say he looked bored, but his eyes are too bright to be described in such a way. Suddenly after noticing I've been staring at him too long, he speaks up. His head cocked at an angle. My gaze drops to my shirt buttons.

"Why are you changing your shirt? It's meant to be blood stained isn't it?"

"No, of course it isn't. I mean, I like this, this shirt and some kids splattered me with a pouch of fake blood when I was on my way back here..." I coolly play off my awkward response stammering over my words.

He yet again remarks how fast I got here, then it stumped me. How did he know where I live? I ask myself this, while beginning to unbutton my carmine splattered shirt. I look up from my chest, instead focusing on Eren before finally asking how he managed to find me.

Why don't I feel uncomfortable? At the party he seemed nervous, then suddenly confident. When he was at my door, he seemed like a curious teenage kid. Now he's been invited in he's cocky. What's with the instantaneous personality changes?

He pulls himself away from the wooden frame, taking a step toward me. Explaining that he asked around at the party made up for his lateness, but not how he could possibly do that; I only told him my forename and Erwin and I haven't left the house in a long time. I would ask him about this, too, but he now stands inches away from me. For some reason this provokes me.

"A little curious, aren't we?" He said, almost like he was reaching into my head, reading my thoughts through every detail of the things that tick through my mind.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

I've managed to dismiss his delicious scent since I left the party and fed but now, with him so close to me, all I hear is his heartbeat. It's steady, unlike my own. Over the blood flowing I hear him whisper in my ear, leaning so close his breath tickles my neck (although I don't dare to move).

"Let me help you,"

To begin I don't understand what Eren meant. Not until he pulls away from me and I see the asparagus tips and flecks of nutmeg within his soothing eyes. (A/N: What am I doing with these descriptions of Eren's eyes??)

Firmly, his hands are placed on my chest and I release a shaky breath I didn't realise I was holding in. He's most likely tempted to make a remark about this but seems to be enjoying himself too much, and so he contains it.

The adolescent boy runs his warm fingertips along the exposed area of my chest. Dropping down, lower, lower until finally he meets the buttons where I left off. He slips a button through the hole, reaches for the next and repeats the process. My head drops in embarrassment and I stare at his outfit.

Stockings, lace and garters are irresistible on his tan, muscular legs. I have to admit that he does pull it off exceptionally well. My mind slips away and I imagine Eren as my own maid.

I could drink his blood whenever I wanted, I could compel him to fall in love with me. This brat could be wrapped around my finger in no time. Then I snap from my trance, hitting the back of my head into what seems to be the wall. Eren has me pinned by the shoulders and shows no sign or compromise of letting go.

That's how it seemed, until the door opened. Before either of us can speak the visitor's voice echoes through the halls.
"Man, I'm starving! That party was worse than the Hallowe'en festival back in-"
Ripping myself from Eren (who was still reluctant to unhand me) I run to the front door and stop Erwin speaking as I mouth to him, 'human'.

His senses are going off, I swear it. He should be able to smell Eren miles off with a scent like his.
"Ohoho, you've brought home a little girl have you? Oh c'mon at least let me meet her!" He whispers, very loudly. "Wait, your shirt is undone! Levi you weren't gonna-"
As a result of hearing this, Eren comes through and props himself against the door again. Studying him once more, take note of the way he stands; highlighting every inch of his body. It seems Erwin is also quite interested in the brunette because upon his entry, the yammering blonde fell silent and now he stands with a slightly slack jaw.This maid outfit seriously isn't helping my thoughts one bit.

Making my way over to the alcohol cabinet, I pour myself a glass of scotch. Neat, the only way I drink it. Downing the lot, I place the glass on the nearby desk. Erwin and Eren stand in silence. I introduce the two.

After a very quick conversation consisting only of small talk, Eren excuses himself and asks me to walk him outside.
"I can't, you can excuse yourself." I think my response came out too fast, too blunt.

This chapter ran a little shorter than I'd hoped but I thought it was best to leave it there..
Thanks for the reads, comments and votes, until next time :-)
(No proof read, please point out any mistakes)